Simpler, less taxing fluids

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Simpler, less taxing fluids

Post by irbork »

Recently I play with fluid heavy mods and there is too much problems with liquid physics and ups impact.
Can someone make a mod that makes fluids/pipes work like electricity/wires. Everything connected to the same pipe can use and transfer all the available liquid immediately.
Thanks for help.

Rafiz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Simpler, less taxing fluids

Post by Rafiz »

That's quite interesting in my opinion... Pipes and stuff could be empty, all fluids entering those turn into virtual fluids... Imo it sounds not impossible. I wonder if factorio API gives access to (fluid system contents) and (flush fluid system contents) this + manually adding fluids where needed could be enough ..

requirement one : https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... dBox.flush
and 2 : "Return value The fluid removed."
are available...

I might look into that, since it doesn't look very hard, tho I don't promis anything. Also filling entities that require that fluid might not be so light? How am I going to check which ones need fluid? _on_tick? Hmm I'll think about that.

Damn, but also pumps... They will mess eveyrthing up, imagine smart pump using circuits - I would have to make 2 separate fluid memories (pre and post pump) and then *know* what condition is for pump.. And these conditions usually relay on state of fluid in some tank...
Also there's a problem of infinite fluid storage..
Storage tanks would be usless if our storage is infinite and if we were to not make it infinite, we would have to stop fluids from entering system at one point... Which is quite less simple than just removing fluids and storing it in memory.
It all became quite challenging after some thinking, and I think I'm not personally interested enough in such mod to create it.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”