[Requst] Player locked teleporters.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Taurondir
Inserter
Inserter

[Requst] Player locked teleporters.

Post by Taurondir »

I can't find/don't know a way to even modify existing mods to do it, so i thought I'd ask here.
More then this being a "can someone please make me this", I'm more interested to see if anyone even KNOWS any possible ways or kludges to even do this.

Basically what I was trying to do is this:

* A basic Teleporter object, but that can only be activated by the player that made it. This "player LOCK" is the only important point, as there is already other decent Teleport mods out there.
* If anyone ELSE walks up to it and tries to activate it, it just fails to work.
* It can be as simple as needing MATCHING twin pads for EVERY destination, rather then being able to go from ANY pad to ANY other pad, ie having to drop a PAIR of pads for every single place you want to go to.

Its for a multiplayer server running a custom OARC, and we would like players to be able to get around far places in their own bases and outposts but NOT have other people also being able to jump there, or "fiddle around" with remote teleport pads (that end up close to them) to use those to jump into other bases.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Requst] Player locked teleporters.

Post by Deadlock989 »

It's perfectly possible. I've made teleporters that aren't restricted by player but are restricted by force, so teleporters form networks only with teleporters built by that force. Most entities store which player built them so it would not be difficult to restrict their operation based on that specific player rather than the force. Even if the entity doesn't have that property, you could track which player built what in other ways.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Requst] Player locked teleporters.

Post by Klonan »

Taurondir wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:39 pm
I can't find/don't know a way to even modify existing mods to do it, so i thought I'd ask here.
More then this being a "can someone please make me this", I'm more interested to see if anyone even KNOWS any possible ways or kludges to even do this.

Basically what I was trying to do is this:

* A basic Teleporter object, but that can only be activated by the player that made it. This "player LOCK" is the only important point, as there is already other decent Teleport mods out there.
* If anyone ELSE walks up to it and tries to activate it, it just fails to work.
* It can be as simple as needing MATCHING twin pads for EVERY destination, rather then being able to go from ANY pad to ANY other pad, ie having to drop a PAIR of pads for every single place you want to go to.

Its for a multiplayer server running a custom OARC, and we would like players to be able to get around far places in their own bases and outposts but NOT have other people also being able to jump there, or "fiddle around" with remote teleport pads (that end up close to them) to use those to jump into other bases.
My teleporter mod is pretty simple:
https://github.com/Klonan/Teleporters

You can fork it, and change the criteria to match against the player who built it:
https://github.com/Klonan/Teleporters/b ... s.lua#L457

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”