[Mod Concept Idea] Biological Factorio? "zergging Factorio"?

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
darkedone02
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Mod Concept Idea] Biological Factorio? "zergging Factorio"?

Post by darkedone02 »

Out of all the mods that I've played on the download portal in factorio, I'm surprised I don't see a mod that deals with understanding the alien life, merging with them, eliminating any forms of pollution while still keeping up with production during and after the merge, and understanding different concepts of development though this hybrid style of work (if there is a mod like this, I must of not been treading enough to catch my vision).

So what I'm envisioning is several idea concepts of forming your own alien species

1) approach of the alien species:
  • 1a) You slay the species, take the corpses, dissect them to understand the knowledge of the alien species

1b) You approach them peacefully with the tech you discovered that somehow makes them more peaceful so you can take DNA samples off the species without aggravation
2) Path of merging
  • 2a) Your research you discovered show how you can alter the DNA samples you acquired towards designing your own alien species, while you being self experimented so you become their "avatar".

2b) Your research you discovered shows you how you could transform your factores entirely, running as a biological species, running on different set of mechanics to run biological factories and assemblies.
3) Endgame
  • 3a) Now as the avatar, your trying to become a stronger species then the aliens so you could dominate them all under your own name, growing yourself bigger enough to sustain even life on space. You begin world domination, while discovering ways to reach towards space.

3b) Your biological sector found ways of developing a method of a new organic biological life form that can breath and sustain itself in space, an alternative of a rocket ship if you can make an organic one instead (inspired by no man sky's organic spaceships, but envisioned in a larger scale).
Mechanic Concepts:
  • All Organic life must have their own form of a creep, the creep is the "motherboard" of organic factories
    • Instead of Electricity, your dealing with energy cells that run into anything touched by the creep, it's the lifeblood to keep things going.
      Instead of Modules, there cellular attachment, beacons run in the creep similar in electricity to provide extra benefits
      Instead of Pollution, your dealing with cancerous creep, other alien species will not like this near their bases and will go after what's causing the growth of cancerous creep.
      You can eliminate cancerous creep via biological purifiers, and attachment that reduces cancer creep
      Inserts are biological claws, Long Inserters are tentacles, different tiers have different appearances
      Conveyor Belts functionality should remain the same but a biological appearance instead.
      Pipes are like blood veins in the ground
    Alien Factions:
    • Alien species will react differently depending on your actions, if your peaceful they won't bother you, they might aid you if you become under attack as well. If your aggressive, or your cancer creep spread to much, you have a war on your hands.
      Different alien species have their own form of leadership, as you successfully merge/integrate, you can visibly see the color of their faction

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”