[Request] Speed/Prodictivty effecting burner tech

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Speed/Prodictivty effecting burner tech

Post by CopperBoltwire »

I enjoy playing with the Creative mod and more so messing around with the Beacon at the start of the game.
But sadly, even the speed modules don't affect burner technology of either the Burner Drill, the basic furnace, or the assemblers.

Anyone willing to make a mod that overwrites this and allows beacons to affect low tier buildings?
Please?

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Request] Speed/Prodictivty effecting burner tech

Post by MassiveDynamic »

But this would only be useful in creative mode. Module tech is well past burner phase and does anyone seriously use burners in the late game? Except maybe for odd experimental reasons?

CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CopperBoltwire »

With Creative Mod, it was mostly just to speed past the burner stage faster by buffing the burner tech so one can get to the other tech levels faster.
At least that's my thinking for this request.

Just wanted to rush through that stage...
I love to try a lot of other mods, and often start a new game, so being able to "burn" through the burner stage faster would be quite helpful and decrease early grind.

It's also helpful for modders to know which mods conflicts with what and possibly why, so in a way i do a community service too.
And as said, able to "fly" bast the burner stage would help me greatly with this.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Console:

Code: Select all

/editor
shift-click techs to research them immediately

or

/c game.player.force.research_progress = 1
to immediately research current selected tech

or

increase game speed

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

creative mod starts out by giving you the choice of starting with cheats (everything researched) and has a button to unlock all tech.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You guys are all really ineffecient at cheating for technology. Just type:

/cheat

CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CopperBoltwire »

But I'm not interested in unlocking ALL research.
Also not looking to just unlock it with a simple command.
I wanted Burners, Basic & Steel Furnace and the first few assemblers be affected by Beacons.

I'm grateful for you people trying to help,
but you people completely missed the mark on what I was asking for.

Was looking for Burner tech to be affected by Beacons...
I'm stunned at how you people kept going on and on about cheats.
Not against cheats, just not what i was looking for...

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

CopperBoltwire wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:09 pm
I wanted Burners, Basic & Steel Furnace and the first few assemblers be affected by Beacons.
The vanilla has values:

data.raw.furnace["electric-furnace"].module_specification = {module_slots = 2, module_info_icon_shift = {0, 0.8}}
data.raw.furnace["electric-furnace"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}
The mod that you need needs just this code placed in the file data.lua:

data.raw.furnace["stone-furnace"].module_specification = {module_slots = 2, module_info_icon_shift = {0, 0.8}}
data.raw.furnace["stone-furnace"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}

data.raw.furnace["steel-furnace"].module_specification = {module_slots = 2, module_info_icon_shift = {0, 0.8}}
data.raw.furnace["steel-furnace"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}
Maybe some adjustments for module_info_icon_shift.

I don't know that you need slots or just beacon effect.

Don't forget to make the info.json and the mod is ready.

All this values can be found by using this mod: info-mod

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

CopperBoltwire wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm grateful for you people trying to help,
but you people completely missed the mark on what I was asking for.
Your goal was to rush through burner stage, which is easier achieved by unlocking techs than by beacon burner tech.
And Creative Mod is not much less than a cheat
CopperBoltwire wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:05 pm
With Creative Mod, it was mostly just to speed past the burner stage faster by buffing the burner tech so one can get to the other tech levels faster.
At least that's my thinking for this request.

Just wanted to rush through that stage...
I love to try a lot of other mods, and often start a new game, so being able to "burn" through the burner stage faster would be quite helpful and decrease early grind.

It's also helpful for modders to know which mods conflicts with what and possibly why, so in a way i do a community service too.
And as said, able to "fly" bast the burner stage would help me greatly with this.
Bold added

Sorry for misinterpreting. thanks @darkfrei

CopperBoltwire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CopperBoltwire »

Thanks a ton Darkfrei - I'll look into it and mock around with it.

From what i can see it really WAS a small thing to do mod wise, but still a bit more complicated then simply doing something like a flip-switch.
Beacon_Effect=0 (this is what i thought was hidden in the code somewhere, clearly that is not the case tho'.)

At least i can enjoy the game a bit more now on special mods too.
[hr]

To the rest of you:
Thanks for your help and support, not exactly what i was looking for, but thanks none the less.
Says a lot about the community as a whole that your willing to help, even if you missed the mark ;)
I'm very happy.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Beacon modules definition:

data.raw.beacon.beacon.allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "pollution"}
You are looking for:

data.raw.beacon.beacon.supply_area_distance = 3
data.raw.beacon.beacon.distribution_effectivity = 0.5
data.raw.beacon.beacon.module_specification.module_slots = 2

Also assembling machines (vanilla):

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-2"].module_specification = {module_slots = 2}
data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-2"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-3"].module_specification = {module_slots = 4}
data.raw["assembling-machine"]["assembling-machine-3"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}\

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery"].module_specification = {module_slots = 3}
data.raw["assembling-machine"]["oil-refinery"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant"].module_specification = {module_slots = 3}
data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant"].allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}

data.raw["assembling-machine"].centrifuge.module_specification = {module_slots = 2}
data.raw["assembling-machine"].centrifuge.allowed_effects = {"consumption", "speed", "productivity", "pollution"}
By some recipes the productivity is not available:

data.raw.module["productivity-module"].limitation = {"sulfuric-acid", "basic-oil-processing", "advanced-oil-processing", "coal-liquefaction", "heavy-oil-cracking", "light-oil-cracking", "solid-fuel-from-light-oil", "solid-fuel-from-heavy-oil", "solid-fuel-from-petroleum-gas", "lubricant", "iron-plate", "copper-plate", "steel-plate", "stone-brick", "sulfur", "plastic-bar", "empty-barrel", "uranium-processing", "copper-cable", "iron-stick", "iron-gear-wheel", "electronic-circuit", "advanced-circuit", "processing-unit", "engine-unit", "electric-engine-unit", "uranium-fuel-cell", "explosives", "battery", "flying-robot-frame", "low-density-structure", "rocket-fuel", "rocket-control-unit", "rocket-part", "automation-science-pack", "logistic-science-pack", "chemical-science-pack", "military-science-pack", "production-science-pack", "utility-science-pack", "kovarex-enrichment-process"}

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”