Blueprint modifier

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Blueprint modifier

Post by ssilk »

Coming from this post: viewtopic.php?p=514243#p514243
Honktown wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:00 pm
... a little window that would take a blueprint, and then one could insert upgrade planners as a modifier (maybe more than one and even deconstruction planners). Almost a blueprint equation lol. ...
I would like that. And I have more ideas, because that reminds me strongly to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=76499 Blueprint Book is not enough for me
Where I described more ideas to modify blueprints with something I called “filter” and “comparator”. I made an example of how that could work in viewtopic.php?p=510018#p510018

Well, that example is a bit huge, but the basic idea is this: you have one blueprint and create another one out of it by filtering/modifying. Like in the above example: have a bp, use update-modifier on it and paste the resulting bp.

Or you have two blueprints and can compare both to create a third. But that is much more advanced.

The point is, that you can create a cascade of filters/modifiers and can use during this generation all formerly created bps.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprint modifier

Post by mrvn »

I think the (vague) plan from the devs is to have construction, update and deconstruction all be blueprint layers and you can stack them to make a blueprint. So you can combine "remove pipe from here to there" with "add assembler and place alternate pipe to go around it". Or the first layer places landfill and the second entities.

Skjolbir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Blueprint modifier

Post by Skjolbir »

Any indications this is still the dev plan?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”