use aliens as energy source

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

So here i came across a mod idea while reading about the new handcrank generator……

Catch some alien biter and tame it to be used in a treadmill generator….

Outline :

Generator which produces electricity using tamed aliens.
(furnace or generator type)
The bigger the more energy is to be gained.

Obviously you then need to feed the biters, which are at end of their shift – so there need some food processing (out of wood, or some other plants to be used and growth) and a resting/restoring building for them or maybe the live on a diet of iron-ore ?

But firstly you need to catch and tame the biters
(catchingnet could be ammo which 'kills' the alien or tasing the aliens and leave a stunned alien to be collected and to be tamed)

Additionally a breeding station could be added to raise some already tamed aliens while improving thier qualitiy of life.
(mining a spawner and build and support it in your factory)

And last of all you need to research it all…
And you can thow in some achievements tied to clean or amount of energy with this mod

I thing it would add some nice variation of energy producing and will sit well with the native (rest) because the treadmill will produce none pollution which they seem to be so hostile against
And maybe it will help for an understanding between us and them ;)
And at least it is somewhat a profen technology here on gaia which used horses to power some machines way bach in the old days

I know there are some alien mods in the general direction of using/playing with aliens but non so far for a real, hey not really usefull way ;-)

I hope one of the modder out there could take this up and make a nice mod out of this idea

------------
Thinking about why stop there...
Maybe tamed biters could act as bots in hostile areas, because the natives would not combat against its own, at least some time ?
in the end one may breed an army even of combat biters ?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: use aliens as energy source

Post by Qon »

Code: Select all

I thought you were going to ask for a mod that lets you take their dead bodies and burning them as fuel in your boilers...

That mod was a thing.

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

There is also the mod The dead burn ......
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TheDeadBurn_v17

but i don't want to kill them - i want to work with them (or to be exact - let them work for me :D )

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”