Blueprints copy train stop names

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
tiusic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Blueprints copy train stop names

Post by tiusic »

Is there a mod that makes blueprints copy train stop names? I'm going to try to write one myself if it doesn't exist.

Having hunted around for this a bit, I know it's a bit of a controversial idea, but I'm planning to build control circuits into all my train stops. So for example, I'll make an iron outpost blueprint, and the train stop will have the name "Iron Mine", like all the others. This means that all the existing trains assigned the iron mines will visit this one too, and I'll put a little control circuit on the iron storage crates that disables the train stop when the mine runs out of iron. I know I can easily rename the train stop, but that's pretty lame for a game that's all about automation. Also, manual renaming gets annoying if you're trying to blueprint an entire base with multiple train stops.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprints copy train stop names

Post by 5thHorseman »

I don't have access to the game right now and don't use it myself but could have sworn this is already a checkbox.

tiusic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tiusic »

Oh yeah, I see it. I haven't played in ages, so I guess it was added since I last played? Good thing I asked first. Thanks.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

it s called vanilla
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”