Spidertron Dock

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Slash_and_Hack
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Spidertron Dock

Post by Slash_and_Hack »

So currently, inserters cannot interact with the spidertron, so the only method to fill/remove items from its inventory is to do it manually, plus it would be difficult even if the inserters were able to interact, due to the way the spidertron moves (You cannot trap it in a set of tiles with inserters pointing to it, like you can do with a car or a tank). For example you can alter tank inventories like shown in this post (https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ng_system/) since tanks/cars can be manipulated with belts and inserters, but the same is not possible for spidertron.

The main reason for this feature is when you are using spidertrons as mobile remote builders, and if you are using several, resupplying them becomes a hassle.

Which is why I was thinking of a new structure ( like a docking station or like the roboport ) to allow players to input and output items from the spidertron once it is connected.

I want to try making it myself but i'm not too sure where to start. Thinking of something like:
Spidertron connects to dock > dock gets the entire inventory of spidertron > insert/remove items from dock inventory > spidertron disconnects taking this modified inventory back from the dock.
Right now i'm looking at if it even is possible to shift inventories between objects.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if you could point out certain things i could look at to achieve such functionality, it would be appreciated.

EDIT: I guess similar ideas are floating around in the actual feature requests thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87950 and viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87941

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Spidertron Dock

Post by orzelek »

I think this is the answer you are looking for:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... b/g1hdov0/

Just need to wait a bit for 1.1 :)

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Spidertron Dock

Post by mrudat »

Have a look at aai, spidertron logistics, or logiquipment?

None of them are exactly what you're after, but they do work in the same general area.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”