Compilatrons Everywhere!

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Compilatrons Everywhere!

Post by ZombieMooose »

If someone could explain in layman terms how to do this I'd definitely give it a try.

I would like to change the graphics for Klonan's mining and transport drone mods to look like Compilatrons instead of PC lookalikes and trucks, respectively.

I've looked at similar mods like illiander42's AAI mining drone replacer but there's so much extra I can't seem to figure it out.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Compilatrons Everywhere!

Post by Illiander42 »

For mining drones I had to clone the whole mod, because the places that needed changing were buried deeply in things with no exposed parts I could get to.

There is probably a better way to do it than that.

The places to care about (assuming that you just want a reskin, not the extra stuff I did to make less drones workable, and assuming Klonan hasn't changed the structure too much) are:

/data/entities/mining_drone/mining_drone.lua for the item that you put in the depo, which determins the icon used and recipe

/data/entities/mining_drone/mining_drone_entity.lua for the sprite that the drone uses when "in the world" You want the function make_drone, and the variable "base" (or if things have changed, then search for "data.raw.character.character", and replace it with the compilatron.

I'd look in the "you are compilatron" mod to find out what the new base should be.

---

For transport drones, you probably want to look in /data/entities/transport_drone/transport_drone.lua, and search for ".png"

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”