Request: split out logistic and circuit network recipes into separate crafting tabs

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Request: split out logistic and circuit network recipes into separate crafting tabs

Post by slippycheeze »

I asked about this in discord, but nobody knew of an answer. I'm a little frustrated by the logistic tab in crafting recipes including things that -- to my mind -- shouldn't be there. That includes circuit network combinators, concrete/landfill, and vehicles.

There are some mods that solve parts of this: Schall Transport Group moves vehicles to a new tab, Dectorio moves landfill and concrete, etc. I use that -- Dectorio for nothing but the crafting tab and the signals, in fact -- which makes me happy. Life is much easier.

I can't find anything which does that for combinators, though. I think this is probably (and annoyingly) moving any recipe that had a product where the item sub-group was "circuit-network" or "circuit-network-2". That involves looking through the recipe (which doesn't seem to be explicit about that) but probably matches my expectations. At least from a quick check in on the prototypes in my game.

I might try and put it together myself, too, but if someone knows of an existing mod, or thinks writing it would be fun and exciting, I wouldn't complain. In some ways, though, I'd kind of like to have one "make the crafting recipe categories make sense" mod to rule them all™, though I usually feel like that isn't all that much of a winner.

Being able to extend it easily to other categories would also be nice. Not essential, but nice.

PS: I recognise that all those categories are logistics related, by some definition. I ... well, I guess I use a different mental model of what "category" various things are.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Request: split out logistic and circuit network recipes into separate crafting tabs

Post by darkfrei »

slippycheeze wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:57 pm
Being able to extend it easily to other categories would also be nice. Not essential, but nice.

PS: I recognise that all those categories are logistics related, by some definition. I ... well, I guess I use a different mental model of what "category" various things are.
Whole mod is just two strings, just place this code to the your mod into data.lua:

Code: Select all

data.raw["item-subgroup"]["circuit-network"].group = "signals"
data.raw["item-subgroup"]["logistic-network"].group = "signals"
Result:
Attachments
2020-06-14T14_57_43-Factorio 0.18.31.png
2020-06-14T14_57_43-Factorio 0.18.31.png (211.97 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Request: split out logistic and circuit network recipes into separate crafting tabs

Post by slippycheeze »

darkfrei wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:01 pm
Whole mod is just two strings, just place this code to the your mod into data.lua:
...when you know which two lines...

but thank you!

Schallfalke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schallfalke »

Hi,

Reading your post, I have made a new mod Schall Circuit Group, which will fulfill part of the request.
P01 Tab.png
P01 Tab.png (88.73 KiB) Viewed 1478 times
This works highly similar to Schall Transport Group, so you will find the options familiar.
Apart from the original items within vanilla subgroup "circuit-network", I have also moved in the copper cable, as it is the type of wire needed to connect the power switches.
If just for the vanilla circuit components, I feel there is not enough items for a new group tab. But with my recent mod Schall Circuit Scaling or other circuit mods, I feel there are enough items to fill in the new tab now. :lol:

However, I have not touched the "logistic-network" items. It is not so theme-matching to put them into this tab IMO.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”