[MOD REQUEST] temporary logistic request

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
GluAp
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD REQUEST] temporary logistic request

Post by GluAp »

Hello dear modding-gods.

I'm pretty sure, I'm not the first to have this idea and have seen several proposals in the dev section of this forum but i guess it's probably not that much of a vanialla problem and therefore won't get much attention there.

What I wish to be done

I'd really like to have a mod/tool to make a temporary logistic request from the crafting UI. This could be triggered by pressing a special key or key combination (e.g. CTRL+SHIFT+LMB/RMB (+1/+5 items)) when clicking on an item symbol (e.g. assembling machine mk2).
This would trigger the vanilla logistic request system for this item. Maybe the request could have a different background color in the logistic request part of the UI.
As soon as the requested items are delivered by logistic bots (requested amount (item) == amount (item) in inventory), these requests shall be deleted from the logistic request UI.

Why

Especially when playing with many modded items where you usually don't want to have them in your inventory all the time, it's quiet annoying to either run around for several minutes to find the necessary items in your base manually or using logistic requests and having to delete them each time again and again.

I hope someone here is hyped to automate factorio even more and would like to make this mod happen. Thank you for your time reading this.
If someone is really into working on this .. I have several ideas for exspanding this mod idea even more. :)

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD REQUEST] temporary logistic request

Post by darkfrei »

For another modders: are we have events by clicking of recipes in inventory GUI?

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/eve ... _gui_click
Last edited by darkfrei on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

darkfrei wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:41 pm
For another modders: do we have events by clicking of recipes in inventory GUI?
No. This request is impossible to mod.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

GluAp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GluAp »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:07 am
darkfrei wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:41 pm
For another modders: do we have events by clicking of recipes in inventory GUI?
No. This request is impossible to mod.
So, there's no way to intercept a GUI on-click event in the crafting UI, hence no way to trigger this?

I can live with this, if we can find another way. It does not necessarily have to be the crafting UI which triggers the logistic request.
Would it be possible to basically have a new, modded UI to copy (all/some?) elements from the crafting menu, where a player could choose an item/element? Or, for starters, a simple list?

For example, if you use helmod to plan your base, helmod will give you a summary of all buildings/factories you need for a certain production chain/block. Maybe there's a way to export this list and make it into a temporary logistic request. This at least would be everything I ever wanted in factorio :D

I hope, you what I'm writing ^^
Anyway - many thanks for your answers.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”