Pausing + Blueprinting.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Yezpahr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pausing + Blueprinting.

Post by Yezpahr »

Hi all. I'm requesting a mod that allows me to place/remove blueprints during pause.

The reason is simple. Sometimes I find myself pausing/unpausing a lot to work on a preview of a blueprint, but then the bots instantly rush for it, build it and distract me or take my only item of that kind, making me have to add the item to the toolbar before I can place ghost copies.... it's a bit strange, a bit annoying and I know the bots can be toggled off but then how do we deal with the biters that just breed, evolve and migrate to my base?

There are a few more reasons, equally petty, but being able to place blueprints in pause so you can look at something before hell breaks loose... would be nice. Perhaps Destruction planners and Upgrade planners could be included for pettiness sake as well?

Either way, thanks in advance for any modmaker rushing to these demands requests :D .

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Pausing + Blueprinting.

Post by ZombieMooose »

You can turn off personal roboport. Just go out of your logistic network and turn off personal roboport.

Or take the roboport out while you work on a blueprint.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

You might find this useful :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vlads_AutoTime
Tired of biters evolving too fast while you are planning your science pack assemblers but don't want evolution cheating? This mod adds game speed buttons and also automatically slowsdown game time when you do nothing so you can plan, adds fast-slow speed shortcut. For single player only.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Yezpahr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yezpahr »

ZombieMooose wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:41 am
You can turn off personal roboport. Just go out of your logistic network and turn off personal roboport.

Or take the roboport out while you work on a blueprint.
Yezpahr wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:39 am
and I know the bots can be toggled off
BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:47 am
You might find this useful :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/vlads_AutoTime
Tired of biters evolving too fast while you are planning your science pack assemblers but don't want evolution cheating? This mod adds game speed buttons and also automatically slowsdown game time when you do nothing so you can plan, adds fast-slow speed shortcut. For single player only.
I've looked at that, but it doesn't deal with the bot harassment and I don't want two mods for 1 issue that also come with a load of side-features.
Or better said, I don't want multiple mods if 1 can do it.

I've looked through the modlist of the past few months and I've come to the conclusion that simply being able to place blueprints in pause solves more than just the two petty problems I mentioned.
My desire to not overproduce Assembler Machines 3 while I'm just experimenting with blueprints is seemingly too much to desire. Bots will just go there unless I disable either personal or groundbased roboports or build outside their influence.

But when I just want to map something without being disturbed by whatever circuit network condition, resources shortage, resource overproduction (oils), electricity shortage, god knows what else besides biters and bots, I just wanna plan during pause lol (without doing /editor which can sometimes just lead to resetting the game time and I haven't checked what else cuz that was scary enough to never attempt again).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Yezpahr wrote:
place/remove blueprints during pause.
Impossible to mod. During real pause the game - including all mods - is frozen in time.

The editor uses tick_paused. But that equally freezes most interactions.

Code: Select all

/c game.tick_paused = true --[[fake pause ON]]
/c game.tick_paused = false --[[fake pause OFF]]
/c game.tick_paused = not game.tick_paused --[[fake pause TOGGLE]]
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Yezpahr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yezpahr »

Aww, that's sad to hear.
I'll just stick to the scenario-trick then. Save under unique name 1. Saving again under unique name 2. Converting latest save to scenario. Work in peace. Load up unique name 1 when done.

Works too, regarding all the petty annoyances I mentioned, but I was hoping for a better alternative.
Thanks anyway all.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I do one of two things:

1) Go somewhere where no bot has gone before. I.e. build a special blueprinting area.
2) Save. Enable creative mode with infinite items (or start sandbox scenario). Design blueprint. Export string. Load. Import string. (Works in other games too)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

Yezpahr wrote:
I know the bots can be toggled off but then how do we deal with the biters ...?
Maybe you want to ask for a way to pause the biters?

Yezpahr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yezpahr »

netmand wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:45 pm
Yezpahr wrote:
I know the bots can be toggled off but then how do we deal with the biters ...?
Maybe you want to ask for a way to pause the biters?
Hmm, I'd be more inclined to ask for a way to pause all of these except for the game itself:
Belts
Inserters
Machines
Powerproduction/consumption
Biters (them too ye)
Trains

So ye, everything except the game. Like a virtual custom pause (lol).
Would that even be doable? I hope so. I mean, that would exactly reach my goal.

Yezpahr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yezpahr »

This mod now exists: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Edit-Blueprints

Kudo's to V453000!

It does everything I requested and more, so this topic can be locked, if that's tradition.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”