[Request] Tree Harvester Vehicle

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Telarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Request] Tree Harvester Vehicle

Post by Telarin »

One problem that I frequently run into when building mining outposts is the slow process of clearing trees to lay rails. I am usually far from my main base, so dropping a roboport and using construction bots to clear the rail path is not practical. The automated rail laying mod is nice, but does not work with the electric track mod that I also play with. As an alternative, it would be nice if there was a vehicle (does not need to be fast moving) which would clear and store trees as you drove it. It should not be automated, just a drivable vehicle with a fair amount of storage space (alternately, harvested trees could simply be placed in the player inventory).

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Request] Tree Harvester Vehicle

Post by Dariel92 »

RU: Ну вообще то есть такой мод, он позволяет и укладывать рельсы и собирать деревья по ходу укладки, вот https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4287
EN: Well, actually there is such a mod, it allows you to lay rails and harvest trees while laying here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4287

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

In stock game there is such a vehicle - it's called TANK :)
Run over trees, lay tracks behind. Works like a charm :)

silenced
Inserter
Inserter

Post by silenced »

There's always the Shotgun, your #1 problem solver in so many ways. Grenades work fine aswell, but they leave nasty craters that can destroy all your ambitions, so use them with care or not at all.

psihius
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by psihius »

silenced wrote:There's always the Shotgun, your #1 problem solver in so many ways. Grenades work fine aswell, but they leave nasty craters that can destroy all your ambitions, so use them with care or not at all.
In 0.11.10 that is fixed, so grenade away as much as you want :)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”