how to limit assembler->requester chest copy paste?

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
ztn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

how to limit assembler->requester chest copy paste?

Post by ztn »

is it possible to limit this Image
to fixate amount like 1 for example? problem for me starts when i use some recipe that require large amount of items and quick craft time. if we take for example abstract thing like nuclear reactor with 1k ingredients and craft time 1sec and use assembler with speed of 2 then this copy paste will fill request with 60k items. i don't like it. for example in Krastorio problem solved by large crafting time of all these recipes. may be already somebody write a mod that limit this copy paste problem or it's deep in game engine and can't be changed?

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: how to limit assembler->requester chest copy paste?

Post by Honktown »

I never knew that feature existed. The way I limit output is by attaching wires to inserters on the output, and then to a roboport. Only permit the removing inserter to run if there's less than the amount I want in storage. You can use a chest instead of a roboport. Settings and wires can be copy-pasted/blueprinted. Doesn't work when the wire runs directly from the inserter to the roboport (you'd have to place a new roboport).

It's not perfect because there's a little time delay for belts and deliveries, but for directly-fed active provider chests it works great. I use storage chests that are filtered. Takes time to set up, but I can always guarantee stuff is where it should be. If I leave no unfiltered storage chests, then I know exactly when I have to deal with extra stuff, instead of dealing with thousands of it.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”