[Request] Item Terminal (Raw/Intermediate items)

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
webber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Item Terminal (Raw/Intermediate items)

Post by webber »

Before commenting read:

So i've played quite a few games. As i progressed in efficiency tactics i still found myself having a hard time organizing copper/iron/stone/coal/wood distribution.

Personally i like a mod to keep the game balanced, and not take the fun out of it or make it super easy (which is essentially inherent to taking the fun out).

While i realize a huge part of the fun in the game is about organizing the logistics, i still see some balanced potential for this idea.

So the idea:

A logistic terminal. An increasingly expensive building that has some all in one functionality.

I will illustrate the idea by some pictures, and after that i'll list some random ideas i've had about it.

Firstly, the size of 7 by 7. so a factory or furnace will nicely fit between the 2 outer belts (see images below, for explanation).

This would be my example of a level 1 logistic terminal.

In the center you will see the functionality i intended, that can be configured for every output.

The red lines represent output possibilities, the green lines the input. The building can be rotated.

This one should cost 50 green chips, 100 iron plates, 20 steel, 10 inserters

Level 2: Additional input/output options

This one should cost a level 1 logistic terminal, 20 green chips, and 20 steel, 10 yellow belts, 10 fast insterters

Level 3: Additional input/output angles (4-way)/options

This one should cost a level 2 logistic terminal, 20 red chips, 20 steel, 10 smart inserters, 10 red belts.

Levels 4, 5, 6: connectable to logistic system, small area that has to be reasonably close to a roboport. I still need suggestions on costs (additional to the previous level) and functionality.

This is what i've come up with:

4: either passive provider or passive requester functionality
5: the other one, depending on 4
6: optional storage and active provider functionality

Then here some things i've thought of so far, hopefully you like the idea and can think of some cool (but especially balanced) contributions.

- level 7: upgraded size to 8 by 8, eliminating the middle input/output, and having 2 inputs top and bottom / left and right.
- level 8: upgraded size to 9 by 9, super expensive, make every border-square an in/output option.
- Instead of all proposed levels, a modular design, where each level adds support for 2 additional modules. modules could include smart, speed, number of in/output lines, etc. (tho this may be 1:harder to script, 2:harder to make it balanced/restrict it)
- level of accepted intermediates grows with level of terminal.
- integrate science required with dytech mod (as an optional prerequisite), as Dysochs mods are really awesome, and balanced, and i think think the research still has way more potential for extending mods.

I'm looking to write the mod myself, but i've just gotten into modding, so i could use some help from more experienced modders.

Also looking for a graphics designer, who can make some industrial sprites that fit with the game.

Please leave a reply or a pm :)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Request] Item Terminal (Raw/Intermediate items)

Post by L0771 »

Try with this

webber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by webber »

L0771 wrote:Try with this
This might have some similar lua functionality! Thanks.

I'm now also thinking of the terminal not having the inserter functionality in it. since auto pickup is kinda overpowered and it takes away the need for inserters.
Also i'm still not sure about the terminal being able to output different intermediates on both side of the belt.

webber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by webber »

Still looking for more input.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”