Use Items from Trunk

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Fuzen777
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Use Items from Trunk

Post by Fuzen777 »

For the little story, I'm usually using the Autotrash mod, which is good but turning it off or changing requests when building rails for instance is too much effort. (No really, it is!) so I thought: how nice would it be if I could simply fill a car with the items I need (using AAI's Vehicle Depots) and then my construction bots would take from it to build things.

So here's my request: a mod that would allow (personal) construction bots to grab items from vehicles' chests. Basically, something like a moving-personal-provider-chest I guess?

Ideally, they would only take from the trunk either when in a certain radius from a vehicle, or when the player is inside said vehicle. It would also disregard trains in automatic mode, but not in manual mode to allow the use of trains to, well, build rails. (I know there's F.A.R.L. for that, but it tends to be somewhat restrictive.)

mat1k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Use Items from Trunk

Post by mat1k »

Vehicle Grid adds a grid to all vehicles, Cars, tanks, Trains, etc so you can use equipment in them.

Personally, I use it to put lasers on my trains as anti-bug protection, but you can also put a roboport in there and it will use anything in that vehicles inventory.
For trains put the roboport on the cargo carriage you have the resources in.

It is also handy to have trains auto-repair stuff as they pass thru by supplying repair packs.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, see :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsindustries
And pester Angel so that he removes hard dependencies on his other mods, like he did for :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelsaddons-cab
(P.S.: Not too hard, he went back to university and is about to become a dad, so his free time is very precious...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Fuzen777
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fuzen777 »

Woah, sorry for the reply delay - kind of missed that notification.

I totally forgot about vehicle roboports for some reason. That's exactly what I was talking about, and with dorfl's Autodrive mod, that pretty much gives the full package.

So I'll hold off on pestering Angel since that's pretty much solved and he probably has other priorities.

Thanks to you both.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”