Vehicle to the walls

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
kjbgdxa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Vehicle to the walls

Post by kjbgdxa »

Hello, I was thinking recently about the vehicle for building and pickuping walls.
I imagined that it would have a choice of driving modes:
- driving/ let's say maybe max speed 80km/h but can't work in this time
- working/ let's say max speed 10-20 km/h i don't know with one speed it would be ballanced, and can work then
Same machine should have a large chest for walls and fuel, high number of HP points, but almost no armor and resist. Front bulldozer for removing masonry in working mode, and rear wall installation system.
Operating mode switch:
- building
- removal
- both
The most important thing is that you can save the build setting. I mean, for example, if it builds up 5 grids so that you can choose which one at a time, same as on picture.
What do you think is possible? Someone will try to create it?
Attachments
mury.png
mury.png (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1162 times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Vehicle to the walls

Post by darkfrei »

Why not blueprints?

kjbgdxa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kjbgdxa »

I do not like blueprints, and the world that i play do not have the ability to build walls away from the bases. Besides, I like to play with machines, what make me enjoy.
For example, I need to build a wall with a length of over 500 grids, but others have a length of 50-150. Choosing between the machine or plans, I definitely prefer to make these walls through the machine. I know I'm a strange man, but it's just a game. Maybe someone wants to practice doing modifications. I just toss the idea

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

It's actually some of advanced mods, where you need to know: how to make prototypes, how to make a GUI and/or hotkeys, how to use this input in the control.lua and after some amount of checks place the entities.
It's like a FARL, but for walls (and probably tree cutter as option).

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

darkfrei wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:24 am
It's actually some of advanced mods, where you need to know: how to make prototypes, how to make a GUI and/or hotkeys, how to use this input in the control.lua and after some amount of checks place the entities.
It's like a FARL, but for walls (and probably tree cutter as option).
I think with proper blueprint setup FARL could build walls for you easilly with the drawback that they would have rail track behind. I did not play with the advanced stuff in it so for details you might go asking around on FARLS's thread.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”