decoration removing consumable or tool

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
catma
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

decoration removing consumable or tool

Post by catma »

Simply put, we need a bomb (think defoliant) or robot type that only does decoration removal. It should be massively cheap and easy to use on large areas, yet not actually remove ALL decoration from ALL of the game; afterall how can I feel satisfied if there isn't some greenery to kill or sand to sweep before I make my entire planet concrete??

Alternatively, a 100x100 building that can be placed and removed quickly for the same purpose. It doesn't need to be pretty.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: decoration removing consumable or tool

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Maybe give this a try and see if it’s to your liking?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Realistic ... ionCleanup

There are others, too, that do this with just concrete.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Decoratio also offers the lawnmower planner, to deconstruct them as you would. I believe it can filter to specific decorations, but can't check right now.

catma
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by catma »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:26 am
Maybe give this a try and see if it’s to your liking?

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Realistic ... ionCleanup

There are others, too, that do this with just concrete.
This is super-super-super tedious to clean large areas with manually to avoid having bushes in the middle of my factory.

catma
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by catma »

slippycheeze wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:26 am
Decoratio also offers the lawnmower planner, to deconstruct them as you would. I believe it can filter to specific decorations, but can't check right now.
It's "Dectorio" and it is awesome for many reasons; going to try if the landmower is one of them.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

catma wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:48 pm
slippycheeze wrote:
It's "Dectorio" and it is awesome for many reasons; going to try if the landmower is one of them.
Oh, no. I'm going to be getting that wrong forever, but you are quite right of course. I dislike when I get the wrong spelling wedged in my head like this. -_-

catma
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by catma »

slippycheeze wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm
catma wrote:
slippycheeze wrote:
Oh, no. I'm going to be getting that wrong forever, but you are quite right of course. I dislike when I get the wrong spelling wedged in my head like this. -_-
I concur --- some mods NEED a renaming so bad, I might repost the entire thing with the saner name (if copyright allows) or have a mod just to require the too-hard-to-remember-named mod, so I can at least find the pointer to the mod I want (if copyright doesn't allow copy-pasting it as is).

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

catma wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:39 pm
slippycheeze wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm
catma wrote:
slippycheeze wrote:
I concur --- some mods NEED a renaming so bad, I might repost the entire thing with the saner name (if copyright allows) or have a mod just to require the too-hard-to-remember-named mod, so I can at least find the pointer to the mod I want (if copyright doesn't allow copy-pasting it as is).
Heh. Just post a mod with the name you like, and a dependency. Don't make life worse for everyone by forking if you don't have to. :)

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

There was this mod from a while ago that hasn't been updated if anyone wants to give it a go.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/flamethrower-weeding
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”