Replacing current Power Armor visuals with Fallout Tactics Power Armor

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Ghostwheel
Inserter
Inserter

Replacing current Power Armor visuals with Fallout Tactics Power Armor

Post by Ghostwheel »

So I got my feet just wet enough (reading Factorios API documentation) to realize I really don't know enough about this sort of thing to take on what may be something super simple for someone else. I simply want to export the PA from Fallout Tactics and import it to replace Factorios current MK2 PA visuals. Does anyone have any direction on this? Is there someone I could ask? I have a copy of Fallout Tactics and could get the sprite for someone. Or whatever is needed.

A little GIF for reference: https://ibb.co/Cmgd7Vg

The minigun visuals would also just replace the submachine gun.

UPDATE - I have found this https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TjCustomPlayer

After a couple hours of reading this is still way over my head. I did some searching and I can't even find the armor in the Tactics install. I also tried searching online and found a sprite resource for Fallout Tactics here:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/enclave-armour.18/

and here:

https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_co ... uttactics/

The first one is someone elses design and not the actual tactics power armor, but they do look somewhat similar I guess. The second link doesn't even have the actual power armor but it's an interesting resource.

Regardless, I still don't understand it all. Some of those are in .spr format and the mod takes .png. I couldn't find a converter anywhere. And somehow RPG Maker is involved? I still think just pulling the sprite from fallout tactics is better. *sigh* I really don't understand any of this.

Ghostwheel
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Replacing current Power Armor visuals with Fallout Tactics Power Armor

Post by Ghostwheel »

Another Update -

So I've managed to grab some sprites from Tactics and I'm trying to get them into Factorio. Factorios sprites aren't even sprites really, they are PNG sheets. The stuff I have from Fallout is .spr. So I'm trying to figure out how to convert the spr to a set of PNGs. Or at least view whats inside the spr. Any ideas?

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Ghostwheel wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Another Update -

So I've managed to grab some sprites from Tactics and I'm trying to get them into Factorio. Factorios sprites aren't even sprites really, they are PNG sheets. The stuff I have from Fallout is .spr. So I'm trying to figure out how to convert the spr to a set of PNGs. Or at least view whats inside the spr. Any ideas?
Just for the record, you probably shouldn't talk too much more here about your progress. Those third party assets are going to be subject to copyright, and their owns have a tendency to be a bit lawyer-happy at times. Not saying what you should do, just what you should(n't) say publicly about it.

Ghostwheel
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ghostwheel »

Aye I figured it would be a problem should I somehow publicly release it, but I didn't plan to. All good, ended up being too big of a project and there arent any animations available for certain things anyway. Anyway, was a cool thought.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Ghostwheel wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:04 pm
Aye I figured it would be a problem should I somehow publicly release it, but I didn't plan to. All good, ended up being too big of a project and there arent any animations available for certain things anyway. Anyway, was a cool thought.
Mostly, it turns into a problem for the developers hosting the forums if enough lawyers get involved. Technically they probably could win in court on the basis that they don't have to stop you being dumb, but it always costs a lot to do that, and so it usually ends up with them imposing annoying rules.

Again, not that I have any view on if you should do this, just how much you should say about it, vs that mod you are making to replace them with some nice MS Paint images instead....

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

You can make new sprites with the blender 3d, you can be impressed by another cool graphics that you seen before.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”