Evolution factor rebalance?

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Bishop89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Evolution factor rebalance?

Post by Bishop89 »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could make a mod to rework how the evolution factor works in this game. I never understood why evolution factor is not equal to the pollution cloud. Why enemies should evolve with time and/or pollution IF it pollution cloud does not reach enemy bases at all (since they are destroyed and the next one is quite far away). This often can lead to situations that even if you are not under attack evolution factor is progressing greatly even if there are nobody around you but sea.

Can this be somewhat modified to work similar to spawner bases absorption? -> amount of pollution absorbed by the spawners (for generating attacks) is added to evolution factor while disabling it's increase by other means than pollution and destroying bases?

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Evolution factor rebalance?

Post by mrudat »

Just to be sure I understand your suggestion correctly, you want to have evolution increase based on the amount of pollution absorbed by spawners, rather than the amount of pollution released by your factory.

I don't think that there are any mods that do that right now (it wasn't really feasible in 0.16), but that sounds like it should be straight forward to do, given that we're now tracking statistics for pollution.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Fun fact, I've seen a recent discussion just about this in the Balancing subforum : viewtopic.php?p=427629#p427629.
@OP does it match what you ask for ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Bishop89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bishop89 »

Koub wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:44 am
Fun fact, I've seen a recent discussion just about this in the Balancing subforum : viewtopic.php?p=427629#p427629.
@OP does it match what you ask for ?
Well, the part of balance around pollution could is pretty much the same what I asked about here. Mod like that would be total overhaul of a game and how it plays, so it probably wouldn't fit everyone.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”