Subway/underground train

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
AP_Girl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Subway/underground train

Post by AP_Girl »

Now I know it is possible to have multiple surfaces thanks to mods like Factorisimo 2 and Surface_remake,
so I was thinking that utilizing the same mechanic we could make underground trains!

As to how this would work here is an idea:
  • Have a Tunnel entrance/exit that acts like a teleporter. The idea behind this is that every train gets shifted to the underground rail network as they pass through. This would ensure that the tunnels are traversable so if a train gets stuck you can easily fix it.
My main concern is that the train system won't be able to figure out the routing and will think the pass is blocked if it's required to go underground to reach it's destination wich would completely destroy the use of an underground rail network.
So the objective is pretty straight forward, we need to connect the 2 networks so they work together without any conflict. This is probably easier said than done tho and will very likely require some major changes to the games core functions.

Now I realize the scale of this project and the difficulties in the implementation this would present but I'd be willing to undertake this project if I can figure out how.
And that's my question/request to you all lovely people on this forum; How can we get this to work?

EDIT: I'm asking this because I srsly want to code this myself.
Last edited by AP_Girl on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Subway/underground train

Post by DaveMcW »

AP_Girl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Subway/underground train

Post by AP_Girl »

DaveMcW wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm
https://reddit.com/comments/9xzcsl
Yea, I should have mentioned that I'm more interested in coding this myself than using what someone else did, my bad sorry.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”