Unfill barrels by hand

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Xenophil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unfill barrels by hand

Post by Xenophil »

Hello. I'd like to have a mod that allows to unfill liquids from barrels by hand, like you can do it IRL.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Unfill barrels by hand

Post by darkfrei »

Do you need just empty barrel? You cannot keep fluids in your backpack.

Xenophil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenophil »

darkfrei wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 pm
Do you need just empty barrel? You cannot keep fluids in your backpack.
I need to unfill barrel to something. For example unfill water barrel into boiler (hold the barrel, left click on the boiler, like Repair Pack works)
I want to have a proxy base that is not connected to my main base and without solar power (boilers only). I have water only at starting point and I need some initial energy to unfill water from fluid tank vagons for my boilers, that's why I need at least one barrel of water to be unfilled by hand so steam engines give that initial energy for pumps (or assemblers if working with more barrels).

I don't want to use even a single solar panel, don't want to connect two bases. The only thing that connects two bases is railway.

Xenophil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenophil »

I know that I've made problems for myself but the thing I want should be in vanilla version in my opinion :( Factorio is about automation but still we can do some things by hand, like crafting and moving objects, so why can't we unfill barrels like in real life?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”