request for "the sims mode"

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
eneng
Inserter
Inserter

request for "the sims mode"

Post by eneng »

hi, sorry for my bad English, i like to request for "the sims mode",
i don't know what it called but for this one just say it "the sims mode"
the mode is simple, example :
if the MC want to destroy a tree and take woods, the player just need to click that tree at once,
then the MC will go to that tree and will destroy that tree,
if the MC needs to take ores (like iron, copper or coal),
just assume you need 3 of that ore, you only need click that ores 3 times,
then the MC will go to that ores places and will mine 3 times,
if that target/task not reachable, just skip it and go to next target/task,

of course, i like the camera not focus on the MC, so you can select the new target/task freely

for build mode, you will create like "ghost" of that building, then the MC will go to that "ghost" building,
if the MC have the building in MC inventory, the MC placed it immediately,
if the MC don't have it in inventory but the MC have the ingredients, craft the building and place it,
if the MC don't have the building and the ingredients, then skip it, and go to next task

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: request for "the sims mode"

Post by mrudat »

From what little I know of player/character interaction, it could be feasible, though perhaps not straight forward.

The brave new world mod does part of this; preventing a god controller (what a player controls if they're not controlling a character directly) from actually doing anything. Edit: it converts placing buildings into placing ghosts, I'm not sure about mining or moving items around, though.

I suspect that as of 0.16, automating the actions of a character in the manner you suggest isn't feasible, but may become so in 0.17.

eneng
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eneng »

mrudat wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:51 am
From what little I know of player/character interaction, it could be feasible, though perhaps not straight forward.

The brave new world mod does part of this; preventing a god controller (what a player controls if they're not controlling a character directly) from actually doing anything. Edit: it converts placing buildings into placing ghosts, I'm not sure about mining or moving items around, though.

I suspect that as of 0.16, automating the actions of a character in the manner you suggest isn't feasible, but may become so in 0.17.
thanks for reply,
i do not understand about 0.16 or 0.17, it has released yet?,
in a simple way it easy or hard to make a mod like this?

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

One part of what you want to achieve is easy (using the mathematical definition of trivial :) ), in the sense that @canidae has built Brave New World, which does a large part of what you're asking for; catching a player's commands, and queuing them to be performed (in the case of Brave New World, by construction robots).

For the second part, I believe, from what I've seen from @Earendel (the author of AAI Programmable Vehicles) and various others on the subject, it is not currently possible (as of Factorio 0.16.51) for a script to direct a character not directly controlled by a player (or a unit, or a robot, or a vehicle) to do perform the same tasks that a directly player-controlled character can do.

In the future Factorio 0.17 there is a planned major extension to the modding API around AI controlled units which looks like it should make it easier to achieve what you suggest.

eneng
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eneng »

mrudat wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:07 am
One part of what you want to achieve is easy (using the mathematical definition of trivial :) ), in the sense that @canidae has built Brave New World, which does a large part of what you're asking for; catching a player's commands, and queuing them to be performed (in the case of Brave New World, by construction robots).

For the second part, I believe, from what I've seen from @Earendel (the author of AAI Programmable Vehicles) and various others on the subject, it is not currently possible (as of Factorio 0.16.51) for a script to direct a character not directly controlled by a player (or a unit, or a robot, or a vehicle) to do perform the same tasks that a directly player-controlled character can do.

In the future Factorio 0.17 there is a planned major extension to the modding API around AI controlled units which looks like it should make it easier to achieve what you suggest.
thanks for the reply,
when 0.17 will be released?
if 0.17 released will you make the mod?
sorry if i ask too many

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

As far as I am aware 0.17 will be released when it's ready enough; I don't believe that there's any particular date planned yet.

I've not played around at all with the AI stuff in Factorio or elsewhere; I have neither the skill nor inclination to write such a mod.

Also, in late game you generally use construction robots for things you would otherwise do yourself; there's an achievement for doing just that, in fact.

eneng
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eneng »

mrudat wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:12 am
As far as I am aware 0.17 will be released when it's ready enough; I don't believe that there's any particular date planned yet.

I've not played around at all with the AI stuff in Factorio or elsewhere; I have neither the skill nor inclination to write such a mod.

Also, in late game you generally use construction robots for things you would otherwise do yourself; there's an achievement for doing just that, in fact.
hahaha, that what i afraid for,
i do not understand creating AI,
thanks for reply

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”