MOD REQUEST - CAR CUSTOM WEAPONARY

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
IVAN_PIDORVAN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

MOD REQUEST - CAR CUSTOM WEAPONARY

Post by IVAN_PIDORVAN »

idea is simple, can anyone create a mod which is just add 1 empty slot for guns inside vanilla car, so player will able to put in this slot flamethrower, rocket launcher, any weapon from mods (or even pistol if you are crazy). This made car relevant for late game, just because it's more agile and faster than tank, but in vanilla he suffer from lack of firepower.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD REQUEST - CAR CUSTOM WEAPONARY

Post by bobingabout »

Before they added the tank, you used to just be able to use your weapon while in a car. When they added the tank, the changed the game so that you can't do that anymore, but you the vehicle itself could have a weapon.

As far as I know, there is no way to allow you to have specific weapon slots on a vehicle the same way you do on the player character, the weapons are just part of the vehicle.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

IVAN_PIDORVAN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IVAN_PIDORVAN »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:07 am
Before they added the tank, you used to just be able to use your weapon while in a car. When they added the tank, the changed the game so that you can't do that anymore, but you the vehicle itself could have a weapon.

As far as I know, there is no way to allow you to have specific weapon slots on a vehicle the same way you do on the player character, the weapons are just part of the vehicle.
but in map editor you can find vechicle guns in item form, spawn them on ground, then you able to pickup them, put in your weapon slot and just shoot, so i thought they exist just in locked state inside vechicles

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The vehicle version of the SMG and player version of the SMG have only 2 differences.
1. The player SMG is craftable, and the vehicle version is not.
2. The vehicle SMG has a different fire position offset.

The vehicle definition lists the SMG directly as a weapon that it contains. it doesn't have slots, just a list of weapons. I'm fairly sure there is no way to change this to just a slot.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

maybe there is a way to get a similar feeling of changing guns (just by changing the ammo description, effect, and pictures?) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”