Traps! I need traps!

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Cygnus001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Traps! I need traps!

Post by Cygnus001 »

I just timetraveled back to the 90s and went on playing Dungeon Keeper 2 again...and then, it hit me:

Why are there no traps in this game?

I´d die to see some biter or spitter getting shredded in a trap which is set up a few chunks away from my wall...

What these traps would actually do is up to your imagination...a trapdoor can lead to many places^^

DK(2) has a lot of them (and I can think of many more, like a sticky strip of tar made from oil, which a) slows down and b) can be ignited for crispy fun - basically a real fire wall), see for yourself:

http://dungeonkeeper.wikia.com/wiki/Traps

After all, I got huge amounts of excess power and if shallow water would be pass-able combined with a motion detector "trap"...mwahahaha...*zaaaappp* :twisted:

Or you could go to lenghts and set up a pollution center which draws the aliens there and then have a go with said traps...

most of these should be late game techs, except something primitive like a spiked trap and they should require some form of maintenance to not make it to easy and maybe have somewhat long recharge times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Traps! I need traps!

Post by darkfrei »

I've read it as "pipe of explosives", then thinked about https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/Flammable_Oils
Just add new projectiles to this pipe and some land mines for explosion initiation.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I think the closest thing we have to traps in this game is the land mine. You can mod in new landmines, in fact, I did in bob's mods. One pops up with 3 defender robots, that sit there and shoot all enemies in range until they're either killed, or time out and die.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Did traps in DK2 actually self rearm or did your imps do it? Hm..though if a mine spawns a smoke-with-trigger self-rearming might still work.
bobingabout wrote:I think the closest thing we have to traps in this game is the land mine. You can mod in new landmines, in fact, I did in bob's mods. One pops up with 3 defender robots, that sit there and shoot all enemies in range until they're either killed, or time out and die.
"Three Robots in a Mine" sounds like a very trashy B-movie :P.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Cygnus001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cygnus001 »

lol...three robots in a mine...

would you care to let me see what and how you did that back then?

some DK traps are single use, like the lava trap, others could be recharged over time like the lightning trap and for things like the boulder trap, imps it is^^ (and don´t forget the occasional motivational slap in the face)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's in the live bobwarfare mod, just download it from the portal then have a look at the code.
I added a poison mine too, I think you just make it out of a poison capsule, but that's kind of like the gas trap in DK, isn't it?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”