Fluidic spills

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Cygnus001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Fluidic spills

Post by Cygnus001 »

Hi guys!

I use a mod that provides me with a voidpipe to drain unwanted fluids
today I came across that one:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/wreckage-pollution

Is it possible to combine that, so I get some spills and polution from whatever I dumb in the surroundings?
Or maybe, at a certain threshold, small lakes appear which grow or shrink in size accordingly?

thx for any help

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Fluidic spills

Post by bobingabout »

As a modder with source access, one of the features I added to the game was to allow fuel items and recipes to specify an emissions multiplier. when venting toxic gasses like sulphur dioxide, I set a relatively high modifier of x50 or x100 so that when you're venting this gas, it spews pollution compared to if you were venting Nitrogen or Oxygen, which I believe also had a fraction for a multiplier, like 0.5 or 0.1 or something. I was going to use negatives to clean the air with those two, but people recommended that I shouldn't.

If you want the functions of 2 mods to work together, you either need the functions built in designed to be able to work with other mods, or a 3rd mod that links the two together.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Cygnus001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Fluidic spills

Post by Cygnus001 »

So, how do I do that?

My take would be to DL both of them and try and find how they work and then fiddle them together... it´s been a long time since I last lua-ed :mrgreen:

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”