[Request] Rocket Turrets and Missile Silos / ICBM

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Imperio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request] Rocket Turrets and Missile Silos / ICBM

Post by Imperio »

Well, exactly what it says on the tin. The addition of artillery really hyped me up, and I'd like to see more indirect fire options in the game. I had two principal ideas:

- Rocket Turret, used as a medium-range base defense or a siege turret. It could use the already existing rockets fired by the bazooka, but they'd need to be crafted into bundles, first. Idea is that this turret has a long reload time, and it fires the missiles as a salvo, which aims at the current target, but each rocket has a spread around that area.
- Missile Silo / ICBM. This would function a lot like the Rocket Silo, in that you'd lay the silo down on the map and select a crafting recipe (Missile, medium range / ICBM, huge range), and it is then constructed on-site with pre-made missile parts. After the missile is ready it needs a warhead, just like the rocket needs a satellite, and those could be in many varieties (My first idea was, naturally, nuclear warhead, which would replace current the "nuclear bazooka" atomic bomb model), such as explosive, grapeshot, incendiary or EMP (damages electric grids, empties accus, stuns machinery etc.). There could also be a anti-ballistic missile option, used automatically on incoming hostile missiles. These missiles must be launched manually, and can be very inaccurate: their accuracy could be improved by sending more rockets with satellites, to help with orbital targeting

Also, an Artillery Tank (Self-Propelled Artillery, like the WW2 Wespe) or Rocket Tank (Like the modern MRLS) would be great indirect fire options for a more mobile playstyle.

I have no idea if these ideas are even implementable in the game, but I think they'd be cool end-game stalemate breakers.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Rocket Turrets and Missile Silos / ICBM

Post by bobingabout »

The Tank MK2 in my warfare mod can fire artillery. they have for some time, I had to rebalance everything when they added the artillery shells to the game, because they did actually use the same type.

A turret that fires rockets is easy enough to mod in already, you just need the graphics.
And a new turret based on the artillery that fires bigger missiles is possible too, you just mod the artillery.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”