[Request]: More control for power grid

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
zakman
Inserter
Inserter

[Request]: More control for power grid

Post by zakman »

Looking for a mod that will let me fine-tune my power grid better than I can now with just power switches. The idea I have in mind is an item (call it a power distribution box) that can be placed at various spots around your base and allow you to divide your power grid into "zones" that can be switched on and off from a central location (or even remotely too, with the proper research.)

Is something like this feasible, and if so, is there a mod out there that does this? Thanks.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request]: More control for power grid

Post by eradicator »

Power switches have circuit-connectability. How is this different? You can run all the wires to a centralized area where you switch them if you want that.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

What I want is a power distributer that has 2 outputs. First one gets as much power as requested, second one only gets power when there is any left over.

Same thing for inputs. Draw as much as possible from the first input. Only then draw from the second input.

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

Ideally I'd like something I could set up (relatively) easily and control from a central location, or even remotely. Running circuit wires hundreds of tiles out to my perimeter walls just makes me cringe a bit.

Plus, I'd like to indulge my Star Trek-like fantasies here too..."Scotty! Enemies incoming! Divert all power to the western lasers!" "Cap'n, we're already at 110%, I dinna know how much longer she can take it!" "Hold her together Mr. Scott!!!"

Hey, I can dream :)

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”