"Sushi Belt" Supply line challenge

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
DisK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

"Sushi Belt" Supply line challenge

Post by DisK »

So I saw a Streamer doing what he called the "Sushi Belt Challenge" and I didnt know what that entailed, but that gave me an idea for a game-mode idea,

There would be a number of chests at spawn, similar to those found in the production challenge, however, these chests, rather than consuming items put into them, would produce random raw resources, the ores, stone, lumber, coal, and oil drums, that kind of stuff, they dont have an actual inventory space that's visible, but when a grabber reaches into the chest, it'll pull out a random resource, the reason to use the RNG resource supply line is because of the fact that, with the exception of trees, there are no natural resources to mine on this planet, so you'll have to supply everything from those chests. I'm undecided on whether the smart grabbers or whatever they're called should be able to grab from chests to pull specific resources or not, perhaps they can, but only if their resource is the next in the RNG supply line in that chest,

The Biters will actively target those chests every few days, so if the chests are all destroyed, the challenge ends. so you'll want to protect them heavily.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "Sushi Belt" Supply line challenge

Post by eradicator »

Filtered splitters make that trivial to sort though. So it's not really that much of a challenge.

DisK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DisK »

well, it's not just the filterring process, it also creates a bit of an artificial bottleneck due to not necessarily getting the resource you need in a reasonable quantity/time

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

DisK wrote:not necessarily getting the resource you need in a reasonable quantity/time
Uhm. How is it a "challenge" if the rules include the possibility for a no-win situation?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”