[mod request] export some data to file on regular intervals

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[mod request] export some data to file on regular intervals

Post by mp0011 »

I like Goole Maps Factorio Style mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/credomane/FactorioMaps), despite it's broken now (but, easy to fix). It miss however one "simple" feature, that is player tracker.

If there were a mod, that in regular intervals or on some actions dumps to json file (or other, similar format) selected data, eg: player position every few second, I could read it from file and center the map, and use browser as external map viewer. OFC, map would not update its content, but I could "synchronize" it every day.

This may also be useful for streamers, to preview streamer map and track his position "live"...

This mod could also be useful for other external applications if more data is exported, and act as some kind of interface.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [mod request] export some data to file on regular intervals

Post by darkfrei »

mp0011 wrote:If there were a mod, that in regular intervals or on some actions dumps to json file (or other, similar format) selected data, eg: player position every few second, I could read it from file and center the map, and use browser as external map viewer.
It can be helpful: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=52928#p309694 - the mod adds GUI and you can write to file your position.
Export is to .csv

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”