[Request] All Aliens Dead - Victory Condition

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
numgun
Inserter
Inserter

[Request] All Aliens Dead - Victory Condition

Post by numgun »

I play on maps with a limited size, so there are two achievable objectives for all my playthroughs:
  • 1. Launch a satellite to space.
  • 2. Kill all biters/spawners/aliens.
I'd like to request a mod that would set the victory condition of the game to trigger only when no more aliens (any) are on the map.

This includes worms, individual biters/spitters and spawners, even modded ones. All of them must die to achieve victory. Satellite victory condition would either be disabled or invalid until all aliens are dead, whichever way to code the mod is easier.

I would greatly appreciate if such a mod was made, it would give me more meaning and structure to my playthroughs.
  • I feel hollow after finishing a game of Factorio: THREAD LINK

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] All Aliens Dead - Victory Condition

Post by eradicator »

I think you would gain the most meaning by making and publishing that scenario yourself ;).

At least this one is possible. I just tested and counting entities is quite fast. So it's a simple problem of verifying that all chunks within your defined parameter have been explored (for the freak case that you manage to kill all aliens without exploring the whole map) and then regularly checking if there's none left. [Protip: Because chunks outside the maximum map width/height still exist, they're just empty, so you can't just count the number of explored chunks.]

Code: Select all

/c game.print(game.player.surface.count_entities_filtered{force='enemy'})
Might want to be a little more generous than "exactly 0" to avoid the needle-in-a-haystack problem when one biter is stuck in a forest somewhere.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

... isn't the map size in Factorio, unless specifically set to a limited size, infinite? Would be a rather unattainable goal ;)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Who came up with those numbers? I would have guessed the map is 2^16 m (seems too small, easily covered by train or car or even walking), 2^16 chunks, 2^32 m or even 2^32 chunks wide and high. 2,000,000 is such an odd number.

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

My max map size is always 2048x2048 or scaling to a 128x32768 if I want to play a ribbon world.

Its a bit careless for Factorio to offer worlds that can exceed the computer's memory limits by default. :|
I'd rather prefer a stream of many disposable temporary worlds that stay within a reasonable size limit.

Aside from that, this is strictly a request for someone else to do the mod.
I have no knowledge or experience on how to make mods or how to code, I just play the game.

I'd appreciate if anyone could do it, it give me a new way to complete a playthrough.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

numgun wrote: Its a bit careless for Factorio to offer worlds that can exceed the computer's memory limits by default. :|
you know people would bitch if they didn't.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

impetus maximus wrote:
numgun wrote: Its a bit careless for Factorio to offer worlds that can exceed the computer's memory limits by default. :|
you know people would bitch if they didn't.
Also I can:

1) only explore in one direction needing far less memory than the map size would indicate
2) save the game, buy more ram, keep playing

What I find sad is that factorio doesn't support a spherical (and donut) worlds. Worlds don't just end after 2048m. You can circumnavigate them.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

numgun wrote:Aside from that, this is strictly a request for someone else to do the mod.
I have no knowledge or experience on how to make mods or how to code, I just play the game.
There's only one person on this forum i know who seems to do random small mod requests. And if he/she doesn't happen to stumble in here your chances are pretty pretty low if you don't want to learn coding. Modding is quite fun ye know :P.

numgun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by numgun »

No. If no one makes it, I'll just have to suffer without it. :(

My life is already full enough as it is, there is no way that I can pick up learning a whole new system all of a sudden just to make a tiny mod. If someone that is already knowledgable with the modding system that can do it as a quick task, then I'll be really happy for that gift.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”