tree bounding box

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

tree bounding box

Post by Iccor56 »

I know https://mods.factorio.com/mods/skomick/tree_collision makes the box very small but it makes it too small and unrealistic

is there a way to just reduce the box by say 20%? is there a way to read the bounding box and do math on it then save it? i can not seem to do math in the data.lua file but then i am really out of practice with lua

i just want to run through a forest. we can do it in real life. trains and vehicles should not be able to drive through with out hitting stuff

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: tree bounding box

Post by eradicator »

Squeak Through "does math" on collision boxes. But then again there's nothing special about them. They're just tables with numbers. If you need coding help post code examples ;).

Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Iccor56 »

squeak through can also leaves tress and other items not marked for destruction when you ghost something onto that area but when a robot goes to create the entity the tree is blocking it so the robot just sits there trying and wasting power.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Iccor56 wrote:squeak through can also leaves tress and other items not marked for destruction when you ghost something onto that area but when a robot goes to create the entity the tree is blocking it so the robot just sits there trying and wasting power.
If that is soley based on the collision_box size it's a bug in the engine and should be reported.

Iccor56
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Iccor56 »

i don't know where the issue is or if it is a bug. i just know things don't line up with squeak through enabled and they do when it is disabled. either it is an engine bug or something missing in the addon.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”