Space / Space Plattform

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
therhodanist
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Space / Space Plattform

Post by therhodanist »

Since the idea of Space-Plattforms was thrown around quite alot and even for a time a planned addition to the game i always wondered how hard it is to adapt the idea into a mod. I, myself have no real modding experience so i was hoping to get a few questions answered.

Factorissimo showed that is possible to have another world-map ( i believe they are called surfaces) next to the main one. Is there a possibility to have another quasi-infinite surface running in parallel? The main ressource-hog is still the number of entities i believe?
And if so, could a pseudo Space-Plattform implemented by having, after the launch with a rocket or something like that, a few walkable tiles from a custom metal-floor spawn as default and the others are waterlike(maybe a different texture), so not passable, and could be "build" with ressources, like landfill nowadays? To that point is it possible for modders to have their own tile-transitions? Then the transition between Plattform and Water/Space could be nice and adpated to the metal-floor.

Maybe someone already did some research and could point out things that can't be done engine-wise or some other obstacle, just to clarify.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Space / Space Plattform

Post by Earendel »

It is possible. I'm currently working on a space platform mod.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”