So I had a dream about Factorio...

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

So I had a dream about Factorio...

Post by LittleMikey »

So I literally just woke up from this weird dream where I was in a world much like Factorio and it featured some unique technology so I thought I would post about it here!

First I saw this sort of high speed transit network for logistic robots. It was a large pipe that was suspend in the air kind of like the Hyperloop where logistic robots would enter and use to travel huge distances very rapidly. Think of the pipe transit system in Futurama I guess. For some reason the were two of these networks. One was painted bright orange and one was painted light blue, but I have no idea what they did differently. Robots would automatically build these pipes when exploring new areas and watching robots spew out of these pipes was quite spectacular.

Another thing I saw involving logistic bots was this building robots would go to which would convert them to a different purpose. Robots were handling hundreds of different tasks in this world, and they would automatically visit these conversion stations to get reconfigured to handle another job.

Some things robots would handle was prospecting for oil, maintaining buildings and the robot highways, transport, security, sending messages and being remote cameras.

Another thing I saw was a vast security system. In the dream I was attacked by some criminals (this world was do of people unlike Factorio) and this automated security system popped up and tore the bandits to pieces. The weapons in these security systems were very unique, with things like a flying saw blade and huge beams of energy This was a weird part of the dream because at this point it was almost like a boss fight in WoW with multiple phases where different mechanisms would activate. Also for some reason the security was controlled from this hidden room in my grandparents' laundry. No clue where my brain gets some of this crap.

I also saw boats, which would fit in to docks on the land to be filled with resources and then sent on their way. The boats were truly massive, and the docks themselves were pretty cool, with rail connections and robots whizzing around everywhere.

Anyway that's all I can remember. If I have any more dreams like this I'll post about them. Sadly my dreams disappear from memory incredibly rapidly so I wanted to write this all down before it vanished. I thought some of you might enjoy reading about it :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: So I had a dream about Factorio...

Post by Koub »

Hi,

You should definitely separate the "this was my dream" story and the "this is what I'd like to see as a mod, and how it would work. Reading your text, I don't really understand what your asking for.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Koub wrote:Hi,

You should definitely separate the "this was my dream" story and the "this is what I'd like to see as a mod, and how it would work. Reading your text, I don't really understand what your asking for.
Aah sorry about that. I didn't quite know which sub forum to put this in, I just sort of listed everything I could remember at like 3am so I didn't forget it xD The main part of my dream that I think would work really well in Factorio is highways for logistic bots. I think of them like Trade Lanes from Freelancer, allowing super rapid transit but only between two fixed points. Obviously you would still use trains for high volumes of cargo, but if you want to shift individual components from one base to another it's quite inefficient making a train just for that.

EmmaNevada
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by EmmaNevada »

LittleMikey wrote:
Koub wrote:Hi,

Aah sorry about that. I didn't quite know which sub forum to put this in, I just sort of listed everything I could remember at like 3am so I didn't forget it xD The main part of my dream that I think would work really well in Factorio is highways for logistic bots. I think of them like Trade Lanes from Freelancer, allowing super rapid transit but only between two fixed points. Obviously you would still use trains for high volumes of cargo, but if you want to shift individual components from one base to another it's quite inefficient making a train just for that.
i ddeal with that issue all the time, which is why i requested either the artillertdelivery od get a revamp, or a new mod to accomodate for that

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”