Contracts

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Contracts

Post by Alien_Squasher »

So have you ever wondered why, even after launching a rocket you still have no contact with your homeworld? Lore aside, it's time for that change. Combining aspects of Black Market and Kerbal Space Program style contracts, after you launch a satellite you are presented with a shiny GUI full of contracts. The rewards? Not currency, but components. For example a contract will contain something like build me 20000 Stone Walls or Smelt 100000 Iron plates these goods will then be delivered to a rocket silo and loaded in. To make this easier logistically a new kind of logistics chest will be added in: The Contract Requester Chest. It requests the amount and type of good for whatever contract you currently have available and if wired to a rocket launches it when it's cargo contains all the requested items. You then receive a reward that will be entailed in the contract in a slot next to space science.

I am currently trying to figure this out and any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first mod so I am figuring out how to work everything, so please link any helpful articles/tutorials!
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

Combinator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Contracts

Post by Combinator »

Try doing it where if you send up an item it returns different ones like they mentioned in a friday facts you can send 1 tank for some fish. You have to make several items and just specify a result item. I would make an item box for the request and reward for each. Then, a crafting machine can convert it to items.
Edit: I have made the mod with placeholder items, but if you give me your github username and factorio username I can add you as a collaborator on both the repo and listing. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/thecomb-s ... /downloads

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Contracts

Post by Airat9000 »

:D good idea!

it would be nice to think that contracts would be such that they would receive something less significant, and send expensive things

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”