Put your whole base in your pocket!

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Arfloot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Put your whole base in your pocket!

Post by Arfloot »

Tired of your base being visited by other players on multiplayer maps when you log-off? Don't you wish you could just pick up the whole thing and put it safely in your inventory when you log-off? Well now you can!

mods.factorio.com/mods/MagmaMcFry/Factorissimo2
mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/MiningTools

Using these two mods you can make a resource independent base that is easy to move and only as vulnerable as how few lasers you place outside to guard it. Currently I use the 'WaterFill' mod to make a moat around the outside perimeter of my laser-bank behind a continuous wall. I come out of my base periodically to collect the Alien Artifacts that litter the ground around my base. I feel VERY safe.

My entire base is inside a mk3 Factorissimo2 building. Using the infinite recursion afforded with the Factorissimo2 mod; I have MANY mk1, mk2, and mk3 buildings inside the first one. Anybody who has played with the Factorissimo2 mod knows this much, so I will just skip on to the resource independence aspect.

Using MiningTools I can place a single spot of resource inside any building, drop a miner on the spot, and place a belt furnace against the output of the miner to make plate at the exact spot I need it. What this lets me do is make many mk1 buildings that have a spot of waterfill for the offshore pump and a spot of coal for the boilers, to give me a powerhouse. A mk1 building will comfortably hold 16 boilers and 32 steam generators, 1 spot of waterfill and 2 spots of coal, with just enough belting to feed the coal around the inner wall and back up the middle to the boilers. Easy to blueprint, easy to upgrade, easy to move over one space to make room for another building next to it. Totally self contained; it imports nothing and exports tons of power for my base.

Once again with MiningTools:
I have made a University Campus. A mk2 building with 9 mk1 buildings inside it. A 3x3 grid places the buildings with room between them and enough distance between for moving sci pots from the outer buildings that make them into the center building with the labs. I usually put the red pots building in the upper left so that a belt of them on one side of the belt feeds down into the green pots building to exit the right with green pots on the other side of the belt. Then the belt of red and green pots enters the lab building to be used. Science takes 8 types of pots, so it's just a matter of creative design to cram as much of the machinery needed for each pot into its building on the university campus. I have to import plastic for example. And this is where I use bots heavily. Plastic is made off campus several recursions away. So I have bots in each building to carry the plastic between the other buildings. Currently the path is up 2 recursions and then down one. Several other pots ingredients are imported in a likewise fashion. But some pots are made entirely onsite, like the red and green pots, and just need small patches of iron and copper in the corners of their buildings to craft all ingredients at the spot where they are assembled.

To reiterate, I do NOT drag belts of raw ore in from the outside of my base to be threaded through many other buildings before reaching their destinations. ALL ore is mined from within a Factorissimo2 building at the exact spot I need it at, and I use bots to move partially/fully assembled products between buildings.

Lately I have been playing with SpaceX set to megalomania so there are 25x of each launch needed. From an internal launch facility set up in a similar manner to the university campus. A mk2 building that holds 9 mk1 buildings with the center building where the launch silo is. Yes that's right, I launch my rockets from inside a Factorissimo2 building. And then use bots to ferry the science pots between buildings until they reach the labs on the university campus.

And I am toying with mods like 'Alien Eggs' and 'Natural Evolution' to see about farming my own aliens inside an internally fortified mk2 building so I never have to go outside to get my Alien Artifacts.

I have well over a dozen mods running, but the one that makes the ore truly productive is the 'Wormmus Config';
mods.factorio.com/mods/wormmus/wormmus-config

Yes I run a highly modded game, yes I upped the victory conditions so that I don't instantly win with a single launch, yes I have FUN, no I don't feel bad about it. Of course I have not described every aspect of my 'Pocket Base', don't want to spoil your discovery as you make your own. But I have told you enough to be able to pick up your entire base into your inventory and log off with it to make sure nobody attacks you while you are offline.
Self Contained Coal Powerhouse.
Self Contained Coal Powerhouse.
powerhouse.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1259 times
Pass-Thru 8 Pots Labs.
Pass-Thru 8 Pots Labs.
university.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 1258 times
Infinite Samples Supply For Making More Internal Resources.
Infinite Samples Supply For Making More Internal Resources.
samples.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1257 times
Outside Defenses.
Outside Defenses.
outside.png (3.77 MiB) Viewed 1256 times
With Mini-Machines.
With Mini-Machines.
50mw.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 1156 times

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”