[Request] Factorio Skyblock

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request] Factorio Skyblock

Post by donoya »

This will likely have to be a total conversion mod as the normal Factorio ore patches won't spawn. Instead, patches of terrain 'ores' will exist from which you can mine dirt, stone, and grass. Trees will also spawn on these floating islands such as the one you start on. 'void' tiles separate the islands. You can't walk on these 'void' tiles and while things like the items in the Landfill mod will be place-able on these tiles, water-based structures like the offshore pump are not. Water can spawn as part of these islands. To get metals such as iron and copper, you need to make a manual sieve from wood and a net made from grass. Later, you can upgrade to a mechanical automatic sieve that is powered by connecting it to a vibrating mechanism. Other processing ideas include automatic hammers, millstones, hydraulic presses, distilleries, compost bins, wire mills, rope makers, drying equipment, and melters.

P.S. Automation, skyblock and the idea of being able to get everything from as little as possible are 3 of my favorite game concepts. I've considered making my own game for this, but after starting, I decided it might be easier to just mod Factorio to allow for this. The problem is that I have no experience with LUA and thus why I'm posting this here. I may try to learn LUA anyways just to be able to implement the ideas I have as I imagine that not all of my mod requests will get accepted.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Factorio Skyblock

Post by Ranakastrasz »

My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I too loved MInecraft's Skyblock. It was probably the most fun I had in Minecraft, other than my own mod (Oceanblock) that tweaked the idea.

If I knew more about Factorio modding, I'd commit to doing this. I like the linked mod's idea but it goes a bit too far IMO. I'd like to somehow have the most vanilla experience possible but in a full-ocean map. If I do end up doing it I'd likely not use the void idea and instead just use the ocean as the "void."

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

5thHorseman wrote:I too loved MInecraft's Skyblock. It was probably the most fun I had in Minecraft, other than my own mod (Oceanblock) that tweaked the idea.

If I knew more about Factorio modding, I'd commit to doing this. I like the linked mod's idea but it goes a bit too far IMO. I'd like to somehow have the most vanilla experience possible but in a full-ocean map. If I do end up doing it I'd likely not use the void idea and instead just use the ocean as the "void."
How would you prevent players from putting offshore pumps on the void?

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

donoya wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:I too loved MInecraft's Skyblock. It was probably the most fun I had in Minecraft, other than my own mod (Oceanblock) that tweaked the idea.

How would you prevent players from putting offshore pumps on the void?
I wouldn't. In fact, my first-blush thought is to change the ore paradigm from mining to filtering.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”