[Request] Allow Map View Manipulation of Constant Combiator

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request] Allow Map View Manipulation of Constant Combiator

Post by TheTom »

or a 2nd level mor expensive constant combinator that allows it.

I often use the map view to just watch my factory work - and I would love the ability to manipulate the content of a constant combinator in map view without being physically (avatar) present.

blueblue
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Request] Allow Map View Manipulation of Constant Combiator

Post by blueblue »

I support any idea that enhances map view control. This especially seems to encourage use of combinators while keeping the game balanced, so it's a great idea in my book. On the other hand I'm not sure if this is possible using mods. The interaction between mods and mapview is very limited currently. It might be possible using a custom hotkey but then you'd need to recode the whole ui that controls the constant combinator.
unique_2 on discord and mod portal

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Just did a quick test. You can open guis via script, but only when the player could also open it manually, meaning when he is in reach. So seems like it's not possible via mods.

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by m44v »

I have been looking for a mod like this, since it doesn't seem possible currently, can somebody make an interface request? (I wouldn't know what to request specifically)

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

You already can manipulate any combinator via map view. You just need to blueprint the combinator with the setting you want, and shift (control?) click the blueprint down over the one you want to change. Though it won't change the wires. Your inputs & outputs need to already be wired (or in a bot network to do it for you).

I use the value N for numbers 0 to 9 and have a blueprint book of constant combinators with just N of 0 to 9. If I want to change any of my N combinators, I can do so from afar with the blueprint from that book.

Example: A combinator setup for a station. Blueprint it, set it down by your character's feet. Adjust things, and re-blueprint it, then shift click it down via the map where you want the change.

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by m44v »

Dune wrote:You already can manipulate any combinator via map view. You just need to blueprint the combinator with the setting you want, and shift (control?) click the blueprint down over the one you want to change. Though it won't change the wires. Your inputs & outputs need to already be wired (or in a bot network to do it for you).
I know that, is a quality of life thing. Is cumbersome to do that with blueprints and also I don't like that you can flick power switches and edit train stations but not constant combinators.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

AND WE NEED BUTTONS! CONSTANT COMBINATORS WITH PRESET VALUES DAMMIT
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

aka13 wrote:AND WE NEED BUTTONS! CONSTANT COMBINATORS WITH PRESET VALUES DAMMIT
Like this? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Switch_Button
Should be possible to hook a mouse or _put event to make that work via map view.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”