[REQUEST] zergling mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
murillokb
Inserter
Inserter

[REQUEST] zergling mod

Post by murillokb »

Hi! This is both a request and idea(?)
I think many here have played and loved starcraft 1.

My request is for a mod that replaces biters models/sound by zerg units (zerglings and ultralisk maybe?)

Also would be cool to replace spawners with hatcheries :D

I would be very thankful if someone could do that or at least point me to the right direction so i could do that for myself.

Thanks in advance.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] zergling mod

Post by jorgenRe »

that would be called copying ;(
And i do really doubt Blizzard would allow such thing to be done, or atleast if you only made it for yourself it might have been fine, but publishing they would prob not appreciate.
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

murillokb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by murillokb »

That's why i've asked to be pointed in the right direction. So i can make it work just for me and have some fun killing lings with lasers :)

"Publishing"? Copying? Have never seen L4D2 mods?
Anyway if this request is violating some kind of rule, please tell me so I delete it.

Lokken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lokken »

I made a little starcraft mod for myself. I haven't done anything like this and for me it was quite hard to learn, but with a little knowledge of imagemagick and gimp I finally made it. I replaced small biters with zerglings, medium biters with hydralisks, big biters with ultralisks and biter spawners with lairs. At first I didn't intend to make med biters to hydralisks but I didn't think of better unit for it. Maybe broodling/drone to small, zergling to med biter?
I hope someone with experience and time would make this into better version and maybe change the ingame names for zerg units and replace worms with sunken colony/spore colony/lurkers.
The sprites are little wonky in places because I didn't place them perfectly. Specially the attacks are quite out of place and there is something strange going on with the lairs as well.

Anyway here is the link: zergymod
Unzip and replace the originals or make a mod for yourself. If you replace the originals remember to backup them first. The files go to Factorio\data\data\base\graphics\entity as shown by the folders.
I got the sprites from http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/starcraft/
Last edited by Lokken on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

murillokb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by murillokb »

Cool, man! Gonna try it as soon as i get home. Thanks :)

edit: oh man, it's not perfect but it's a lot of fun! i couldn't do it better myself anyway xD i may try to get the audiofiles replaced too hehe

ahhh the bloody mess :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lokken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lokken »

I changed a few icons and added some starcraft sounds. Tested with version 0.10 and it works.
Also added a text file explaining what files changed from the original version.

New link Here
Last edited by Lokken on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

There are TONS of mods for TONS of games that "convert" the game to a different game, or that uses resources from different games to make that game look like another game
game game game XD

Lokken
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lokken »

Replaced the normal car with a vulture bike. Download from previous links or download the sheet HERE and place it in data\base\graphics\entity\car.

dragon011
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dragon011 »

When i replace the Zerlingsfiles in the Data/base become this error for Factorio 0.12.20
When i copy the File demo-entities.lua in the Factorio Folder C:\Program Files\Factorio\data\base\prototypes\entity

Is this for older Version of Factorio?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”