[REQUEST] Changing the way Fuel Works

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[REQUEST] Changing the way Fuel Works

Post by Proxy »

How Fuel Currently Works:
you Throw anything with a Fuel Value in a machine and it will Consume that Item and run for a Set amount of time, Depening on the Energy Consumption of the Machine and Fuel Value of the Item.
because the Item gets Consumed, you won't get it back when you Mine the Machine or Stop the Process.

How it could Work:
Every Fuel Item has Durabilty like a Science Pack. it will lose 1 Dura per tick when it is being used. They can be Stacked like everything with Durability (Axes, Ammo, Science Packs).
This would make it Possible to Take the Fuel out again, it will have Lost Durabilty, but Still be usable.

This would also make Abstracter things Possible, for Example a Nuclear Reactor which basically works like the IC² Fission Reactor. (You Put in Rods and Coolant and it will use up the Rods and turn them into Depleted Rods. which then again can be used for Nuclear Weapons on RTGs).

Like with most Things in Modding, i have no idea how to do that.
i tried to see if the Lab Entity or the Science Pack items hold the Secret to Durability, but i found Nothing useful.
so i'm just asking for Help on this Subject or getting some people thinking with this Idea.

BylliGoat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [REQUEST] Changing the way Fuel Works

Post by BylliGoat »

The current problem is that you'd end up having each piece of coal (or whatever) taking up its own tile in your inventory based on its durability. I know the devs are looking to change how items of varying durability stack in 0.15 though.

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

not really. i mean Stuff like Ammo, Science Packs have Dura, but they Stack.
i even said that in the post.

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

I think this would be better fit as a feature suggestion for the game itself since there's no (universal) way of implementing this as a mod that I could think of with the current API.
That said idk how many people would actually want this in the game. You could argue about realism vs playability all day with such topic...
I personally wouldn't mind this kind of change but also don't think it's really necessary.
Cheers TRK

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”