Rage Mod

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Rage Mod

Post by Overene »

I had this idea a while ago, and I felt like I'd suggest it here. It would have no practical use, but would be really amusing nonetheless. Some of this stuff would be pretty hard to script/animate though.

To be able to use rage, you'd need to research the "Anger Management" technology. It would require 100 red and green potions and would be available from the beginning of the game.
It would allow you to press Z to release anger on all sorts of different objects.

These would be all of the ways to use rage:
-Use rage on a train and the train will tip over and catch on fire.
-Use rage on a car to throw it across your factory
-Use rage on a tank to throw it across your factory and cause a massive explosion
-Use rage on a wall to punch the wall, causing the wall to explode.
-Use rage on a rocket silo with a rocket to cause the rocket to launch immediately then explode
-Use rage on a worm to rip the worm out of its hole then throw it
-Use rage on a nest to pick it up and smash it into the ground repeatedly
There would also be a new button, called the "Give up" button. Pressing it would make behemoth biters/spitters spawn everywhere until the player dies

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Rage Mod

Post by aubergine18 »

Love this idea. It also reminds me of the game Dungeon Keeper where you could slap idle imps.

IMO some of your feature list is already do-able with current API - for example making stuff explode, and possibly also throwing stuff. Example of what can be done with tanks: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/madmaster5000/Tank%20Gun

But stuff like tipping a train, throwing a worm or smashing a nest would need a lot of extra graphics work to be feasible.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

bump.

Artorius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Artorius »

I like this. If nothing else make the guy rage stomp around and hit things. If something bad happens and the player can see it he rages for a couple seconds. lol.

I like the idea.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”