[Request]: Spawner Replacement, Trypophobia

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
markaabo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Request]: Spawner Replacement, Trypophobia

Post by markaabo »

Hello my name is mark

I have Trypophobia, which makes me almost puke when i see the Spawner texture so, is there someone who knows how to mod/replace textures which could please help me to get the spawner texture replacement i dont know anything about modding or coding so please help

the replacement, i dont really care what it looks like a purple box would do fine

Please

Kindest regards Mark

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Request]: Spawner Replacement, Trypophobia

Post by DaCyclops »

i remember... looking into this once before..... Yeah, thread on reddit brought it up...
I dont know if there was a result back then, but it shouldnt be exactly hard to switch out graphics (if I could find time to but out the Blur tool). Though it might be best to provide a drop-in replacement of base files, so you can still get steam achievements despite this.

For the time being, i would suggest the Peace Mod or Peace Mode Ore to tide you over. over the weekend I will have a crack at replacing the circles/holes on the spawners with, well, not circles/holes.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

Doing a reply incase someone was following and needed another notification...

Ive just tried quickly running the Biter/Spitter/Spawner/Worm spritesheets through a heavy blur.

Tell me, is this better? And could it be better for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iIDkwb ... e=youtu.be

markaabo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by markaabo »

DaCyclops wrote:Doing a reply incase someone was following and needed another notification...

Ive just tried quickly running the Biter/Spitter/Spawner/Worm spritesheets through a heavy blur.

Tell me, is this better? And could it be better for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iIDkwb ... e=youtu.be
Firstly thank you for looking it to this :-), the sample you sent is better but it still looks like "circles" you know, and good idea to blur the texture but i dont think just bluring it will fix it if the animation could be stopped and the circles maked not look like holes in skin it would be awesome, but thanks for trying still :D

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

markaabo wrote: Firstly thank you for looking it to this :-), the sample you sent is better but it still looks like "circles" you know, and good idea to blur the texture but i dont think just bluring it will fix it if the animation could be stopped and the circles maked not look like holes in skin it would be awesome, but thanks for trying still :D
I didnt think that would solve all the problems, but it gives me a bit of an idea of where to go. My next thought is to smear away notable areas and extend the masks a bit more.

are the Worms/Biters/Spitters as bad as the Spawners for you?

markaabo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by markaabo »

DaCyclops wrote:
markaabo wrote: Firstly thank you for looking it to this :-), the sample you sent is better but it still looks like "circles" you know, and good idea to blur the texture but i dont think just bluring it will fix it if the animation could be stopped and the circles maked not look like holes in skin it would be awesome, but thanks for trying still :D
I didnt think that would solve all the problems, but it gives me a bit of an idea of where to go. My next thought is to smear away notable areas and extend the masks a bit more.

are the Worms/Biters/Spitters as bad as the Spawners for you?
Okay now i understand, only the worms not the bitters and spitter

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

It dawns on me that offering to try this when I suck at graphics is fairly stupid....

After a couple of attempts I am trying a different approach, just replacing the entire image with a darkgrey "blob" and the original holl'y mask with a single "blob". it doesnt look good, but it would at least be usable.

Here is a sample picture. I have only adjusted 2 of the 4 idle masks, and im yet to adjust worm masks.

EDIT: Infact, here is a version with the all the masks done, and the Worm Idle/Prepared masks done as well. Still need to work on Death/Attack masks,

Feedback?

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

There's a bunch of filters in gimp, that alter the image without it devolving into homogeneous mess. Here's for example the 'canvas' effect applied. I kinda figured worms could have their animation altered to be always in risen state, but I've had no success in that as of yet.
Attachments
spawner.zip
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 107 times
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaCyclops »

Adil wrote:There's a bunch of filters in gimp, that alter the image without it devolving into homogeneous mess. Here's for example the 'canvas' effect applied. I kinda figured worms could have their animation altered to be always in risen state, but I've had no success in that as of yet.
One thing I experienced was that even with blured/whatever spawner textures, the Masks still looked kinda "holey". And since they do show information these days, im kinda hesitant to just outright hide them. Though, I see you have an idle mask sample in there that is just an outline, which is an example of something I just couldnt work out how to do correctly. That might work.....

As for the Worms adjusted to always be in their risen state, that might be kinda hard, only because the default animation sheet for idle worms is MUCH smaller than the height of the fully-extended worm.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

DaCyclops wrote:only because the default animation sheet for idle worms is MUCH smaller than the height of the fully-extended worm.
So what?
Animation size is defined in the prototype and can be changed accordingly. I did that, but the idle animation doesn't work for me for some reason.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...

markaabo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by markaabo »

Adil wrote:There's a bunch of filters in gimp, that alter the image without it devolving into homogeneous mess. Here's for example the 'canvas' effect applied. I kinda figured worms could have their animation altered to be always in risen state, but I've had no success in that as of yet.
The Example is looking good bit still a like to circle's and i dont know how to import the texture to the game?

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

markaabo wrote:i dont know how to import the texture to the game
By making a mod, that replaces the base ones. Like the one attached for example.
It is also possible to alter the vanilla files, but hat usually breaks updating mechanism.
Attachments
noholes_0.1.0.zip
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 100 times

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”