[Idea] Were-biters

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Idea] Were-biters

Post by TheSAguy »

As I was working on my previous Mod Idea, Vampire Biters, I ran into a few problems with giving the Mod a bigger purpose.
I think I’ve now come up with a better idea for a new enemy. The Were-Biter! (Adil – if Vampire biters are suckers, what would were-biters be….)

This is how I’m envisioning the mod working:
Each 28 days, I’ve have a portion of the enemy units transform into Were-biters. These Were-biters will be a lot stronger and aggressive and will attack the player for the next two days. After that it will reset.

What’s needed:
Day counter: Simple in-game day counter. At 28 days, I’ll trigger the conversion and it will last for two days. I think it would also be neat if the game was night for these two days. (It’s an alien planet after all). Ideally I’d have a small moon icon in the top of the screen that will slowly fill.

Conversion: I could add in another biter type or just take a random sampling of current units on the map and re-place them with a pumped up version. Find entities and replace.

Mission: The Were-biters will have an attack plan. I’m not sure yet if the target of their attack will be random or more specific. I’m thinking that they will try and take out your labs and power stations personally. Since the only way you can get of their planet is to research or possibly attack the higher pollution entity in each area.

Do I know how to write this… NO!

I’m going to hope that someone who is actually a programmer help me out. In the mean time I’m going to Frankenstein together some mods that do what’s described above.

Day Timer – I’ve once seen a counter that keeps track of how many in-game days has passed. Just need to track it down again.

Moon Icon filling – No idea currently.

Switching out normal biters for W-biters: I saw some code prg did in the help section on this, here and here. I’m not sure how CPU intensive it would be. Since it only happens once every 28 days. There might be a little lag, but then it’s done. That along with the tables in Swarm should do it.

Attack plan: Maybe a combination of Misanthrope and Scary Nights.

Thoughts / Feedback?
Anyone willing to help?

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”