[Request] Playable biters

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Morrssy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Request] Playable biters

Post by Morrssy »

I know it probably sounds like a dumb idea and I don't know if anyone else has put in a request for a mod like this. But I thought it would be a pretty cool experience to have the gameplay roles reversed. So you are say a biter brood mother or queen or whatever and your task is to build up your hive of aliens to take down the expanding factories.

I have no idea how such a mod would work gameplay wise, but it could be based around scavenging natural resources without damaging the environment of the map. This mod would probably require a lot more objects to be added though. Such as resources that could be harvested as the biters. Such as maybe adding neutral wildlife that you have to hunt for meat to make eggs or whatever. Or even types of fruit.

As for research, maybe it could be based over an evolutionary system rather than gaining materials for research. For example it would take 30 minutes in real time to increase army capacity to 10. Things like that. and as for the biters themselves. They could act like logistic robots that are permanent and cant float over things, so you could produce different types for example gatherers, attackers, builders, etc.

I don't expect this to ever become a mod because of all the programming involved and items to be added. I just wanted to put an idea out there and see if anyone else had thought of this.

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Request] Playable biters

Post by Factorio2016 »

Yes it was. It will be a different game.
Very hard to implement. You need a lot to add what the game does not support.
English is not my native language. Translator.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”