Lord Of War

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Lord Of War

Post by safan »

This is still in a brainstorm phase:

So I was thinking about a late game resource sink and incentive to build bigger factories, my idea would be to mass-produce weapons to sell to passing by ships.
In fact it will just change resources in a sort of score that can be used to boost or compare (instead of rockets), probably Interstellar Kredits. I don't realy plan something to buy with it.

For the selling there are 2 choices, I think:
1. Place it in a chest and it disappears: advantage is that this is clean and doesn't need much clutter, but maybe too simple for an advanced factory
2. Place it in a machine and it disappears: advantage is that it would use energy and be influenced with modules, however you would need for every item a "selling" recipe.
What do you think about this?

Second thing that i'm not sure of, is how i will make everything interesting, and not just one item that is the most profitable that will be used and nothing of the others. My best idea is for limits of selling/day, so you will have to diversify to keep selling. However this will lead to a hard limit where you have such a big factory where you outproduce the selling limit. Is this acceptable?

So what do you think, would this mod be interesting, or not? What is necessary to make it more fun?

kind regards

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Lord Of War

Post by Airat9000 »

safan wrote:This is still in a brainstorm phase:

So I was thinking about a late game resource sink and incentive to build bigger factories, my idea would be to mass-produce weapons to sell to passing by ships.
In fact it will just change resources in a sort of score that can be used to boost or compare (instead of rockets), probably Interstellar Kredits. I don't realy plan something to buy with it.

For the selling there are 2 choices, I think:
1. Place it in a chest and it disappears: advantage is that this is clean and doesn't need much clutter, but maybe too simple for an advanced factory
2. Place it in a machine and it disappears: advantage is that it would use energy and be influenced with modules, however you would need for every item a "selling" recipe.
What do you think about this?

Second thing that i'm not sure of, is how i will make everything interesting, and not just one item that is the most profitable that will be used and nothing of the others. My best idea is for limits of selling/day, so you will have to diversify to keep selling. However this will lead to a hard limit where you have such a big factory where you outproduce the selling limit. Is this acceptable?

So what do you think, would this mod be interesting, or not? What is necessary to make it more fun?

kind regards
galactic trade in mod trade in game
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... &start=170

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Lord Of War

Post by ssilk »

I moved this from the mods section to Mods-discussion.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”