Gameplay Idea: Please the gods.

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Mr Sunol
Inserter
Inserter

Gameplay Idea: Please the gods.

Post by Mr Sunol »

So I would like a game where you have to input a certain amount of items into a storage chest every 30 mins (or 10 mins, or hour, whatever).
If you don't, then bad things happen (like buildings randomly catch fire or more biters attack). Or perhaps don't put any timer on it, and when you complete the order a new area gets unlocked.
Each time you satisfy the Gods demands, the sacrificial amount gets increased / more complex, so you need to keep increasing your production to meet both your needs and the Gods' needs.
Like at 2 hour mark you need to start sacrificing blue science packs, so you need blue science pack production up and running before that time. (you should also have a way to increase or decrease difficulty, so newer players don't get destroyed and people who really want a challenge have a way of pushing their capabilities).

I thought of the idea because towards the end of the game your factory sort of slows down, and you have all this throughput potential which gets wasted.

Then late game you can end up having to sacrifice an average of 1 of EVERYTHING each second (excluding huge items like rocket defense).
To do this you would have an extra chest that you can build that takes the sacrifice, and factories just output straight into it (so your logistic bots aren't overwhelmed).

I would also assume you need to have longer lasting natural resources which pretty much don't run out (but heaps far from the base), so you don't have to spend all your time looking for new copper ore deposits to keep up your supply when you should be trying to increase the efficiency of your factory.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Gameplay Idea: Please the gods.

Post by MrDrummer »

Sounds like a good idea, Not sure if it is something that can be done using Factorio's map building / scenario maker. But i think the mod is totally do-ble (unfortunately i am not the sort of guy that can make that magic happen)

Though i shall look into it, may need someone else to help me though :)

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurkily »

I was thinking about this myself. There was a mod out there somewhere, homeworld something or other, which requires you to support a homeworld by basically sacrificing goods - the issue I have with it is that it introduces a lot of new items and recipes, where I'm only looking for the introduction of simple concepts in most of my mods.

I find the best way to make many helper / Vanilla+ mods work together is to make sure none of them try to go over-the-top with new resources and recipes. When all your mods have a single focus, you can make many dissimilar mods work in harmony.

It would be nice to see a mod like this which required the fulfillment of orders in order to keep long sandbox-type games interesting and challenging, with changing needs and goals.

gopher
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gopher »

I was looking for a mod like this but not for a god. I was thinking a "head office" who require a daily delivery of say a 1000 iron/copper/stone a week over a long period. This would stop the "speed players" since the high end "fast" equipment really bites into the supply of the basic material making it LESS likely you can get the delivery ready.

The challenge is balancing how far do you go to build a usable base.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Just thought of an idea:

We have rockets in the game which take quite a few resources.... But why not take this to the next level? Perhaps have different types of rockets that have to be sent up depending on demand.... for instance xyz coper and iron plates, then circuits etc until it gets more and more expensive. Then once it reaches the final thresh-hold, it will take you to a newly generated world (like the train and underground mine mods) where you have to build a factory all over again (but with a difference?)

Idk... just a thought to add on here

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”