nomadic factioro

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
MasterOto
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

nomadic factioro

Post by MasterOto »

For a long time I've been playing with nomadic life styles in factorio but for any long term game I've always wound up using robots and generally giving myself power armor with the robo port to start off due to the challenge and boring repetitiveness of moving a base every day... But thats the reason behind my request.

I've had the idea for a mobile base kind of thing like what you would see out of the game Bedlam but I have absolutely no ability to program the mod myself. What I would like to see out of a vehicle from what I have learned is
-A robot construction area
Would make setting up bases and resupply outposts easier (My power suit nomrally controls 100 robots and has a 100X100 range)
-An ore hold
I have always used a boxing mod to let me carry resources due to them being very spread out due to the settings I use
-some form of internal crafting.
I dont know if its possible to have crafting on a moving vehicle but it would be useful to see at most 4 (thats enough to make rails right? for the support train I normally set up following me) crafting lines that use out of the vehicles inventory and a smelting furnace that increases the cars fuel useage significantly.
- self defense
I always enjoy that later as I go the biters become larger which normally forces me to go around massive bases... but I do occasionally have to deal with a wave that gets pulled towards me and I want the mobile base to have about the same combat ability as the tank. maybe with upgrades available like the modular armor has

and on the down side
-High upkeep cost
Once science runs out I generally just start targeting oil for fuel and I would like some reason to keep having to get iron and copper
-High fuel usage
I always love the times when my tank runs out of fuel and I have to robo port down a forest to creep over to the next oil well. It gives a great feeling of desperation when surrounded by biters and you're trying to move on before they notice and come after you
- slow speed up time but a decent top speed. I would like it to feel clunky and big but not be slower than a tank or the progress would be slowed down.
-Big
It needs to be big enough that a forest will stop it and force you to use the robots to clear a path. I say robots because of lore reasons behind what I do means I dont use a pickaxe at any point.
-probably immobile when robots are being used?
-Not able to sustain itself completely. every once in a while it should have to stop and set up an outpost to do repairs or to gather resources and process them

I previously mentioned a lore behind this type of run I do. Basically, I like to think of it as the player is a worker for a resource extraction company managing "Mining rig 7" a boring life but it was better than any job they could get. one day the radio chatter started to die out until no one even responded to their reports... and eventually they notice the biters, the force that overwhelmed the other outposts so instead of sitting still and being killed the player decided to try to make it back to main base some insane distance to the left. keeping going and advancing their ability to survive along the way as the infestation grows in strength (my excuse why the biter bases get bigger the further out you go) is the name of the game. the rocket launching thing I've taken as once they give up on finding the main base they send a signal for help to space to hopefully get picked up by a passing starship.

AndaleTheGreat
Inserter
Inserter

Re: nomadic factioro

Post by AndaleTheGreat »

It sounds interesting and I would give it a shot, but even at just the title I kind of thought "that seems like a contradiction to the game". Still, I think with some more details and ideas you could make this interesting.

MasterOto
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: nomadic factioro

Post by MasterOto »

Basically, it is contradictory to the game. At least, that's why I find it fun. You load up with everything you might think you need and get punished by oversights or letting something get destroyed but a massive slow down for setting back up assembly to replace what you lost or forgot. Some times I'll even forgo the tank and just run this by train... which leads to some interesting things happening. I'd even suggest trying it out with bobs mods. basic rules are that you're not allowed to leave anything at the start other than your rail and a concrete sign saying where you are going. You're allowed to set up mining outposts behind you but you cant go back to them yourself (must send trains) and if they get over run, oh well. if you need a new science then you're kinda in a bad spot having to stop and set up a science production line... but trust me, on your third to fourth run you quickly make blue prints of everything you could need. on train runs I normally go 1 farl rail laying thing and 15 cars behind me. 14 of which are full of rails and once those run out I stop and refill.

TlDr: Its fun but once you learn how to do it in the most efficient way you can it loses the novelty and gets annoying without robots. also, I'm a jerk that likes to play games wrong.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”