Request for data-export to xls or csv

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Tontaube
Inserter
Inserter

Request for data-export to xls or csv

Post by Tontaube »

Hi,

unfortunately, I am not a programmer - therefore I cannot do it myself. I have also searched the forums for an "how to". No success.

My hope is that A) someone is willing to write this and implement it into his/her mod, B) that it is not "too much" work to program this, and C) that the advantages of doing this weigh up the additional effort.

Therefore I request this: some option to export statistical data from your savegame into xls, csv or something similar. Be it via GUI or via console. I myself want to analyze and visualize this data in Excel or Tableau for I am training myself in both programs.

Statistical data like time played, production of [Item x, y, z] per minute..., electricity production, storage and consumption, attacks of different breeds, pollution, ressources mined, technology researched at [Timestamp]...

SOME of this data is already available via either the production-window or via game stats at the end. What I am looking for is a way to export this data for different times spent in the game - maybe even automatically - so that one is able to A) optimize, B) analyze and visualize and C) compare it with others.

This would deliver insights to players (the great "aha"-moments), allow for easier balancing, allow for easy "achievements unlocked", increase involvement among data geeks (bragging rights: "look at my statistics!") - and be a great feature. And in a game about building, automatization and optimizing nonetheless...

Bye

Michael

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”