Mod request/idea - Water strider

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Commander_Atlas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Mod request/idea - Water strider

Post by Commander_Atlas »

The idea is either an Equipment somewhat like the exosuit legs that allows the spidertron to walk across water with 2 tiers one for normal water and the other for deep water. The other being and upgraded and larger versions that have the respective ability to walk across water. The draw back being more expensive of course. Each tier could be slower than the last and much slower in the water.

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mod request/idea - Water strider

Post by mrudat »

So... a spidertron with floaties (pontoons, I guess), or perhaps one with really long legs?

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by pleegwat »

Hydrodynamic legs for the shallows and a watertight (floating) pod for the deep?

jchardin64
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jchardin64 »

I had a similar idea... not sure if it's possible, but basically you'd hide the bottom portion of the spider's legs as if it's wading in the water. Mostly I just want to put an end to that annoying thing where I use the remote to send it somewhere and then discover 10 minutes later that it never arrived because it's stuck at the edge of a lake.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

jchardin64 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:29 am
I had a similar idea... not sure if it's possible, but basically you'd hide the bottom portion of the spider's legs as if it's wading in the water. Mostly I just want to put an end to that annoying thing where I use the remote to send it somewhere and then discover 10 minutes later that it never arrived because it's stuck at the edge of a lake.
Have you seen my spidertron pathfinder in https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronEnhancements ? It mostly solves the problem of getting stuck at lakes.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”