ReQ:[MOD Request] [1.0] Alien Kills Required for Technology Advancement Kills

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

ReQ:[MOD Request] [1.0] Alien Kills Required for Technology Advancement Kills

Post by i_i »

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :?: Looking for someone to update this Old Mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/enemytech ... 000c609571

That Requires you to Kill Enemies in order for Technology Progress to Advance. ALONG with the required standard Recipes or Modded recipes.
It will need the Alien Kill count. (1 Alien per different Science Pack EACH)

or another variant is just the MILITARY SCIENCE needs Alien Kills in order to Progress.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: ReQ:[MOD Request] [1.0] Alien Kills Required for Technology Advancement Kills

Post by darkfrei »

i_i wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:49 am
:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :?: Looking for someone to update this Old Mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/enemytech ... 000c609571

That Requires you to Kill Enemies in order for Technology Progress to Advance. ALONG with the required standard Recipes or Modded recipes.
It will need the Alien Kill count. (1 Alien per different Science Pack EACH)

or another variant is just the MILITARY SCIENCE needs Alien Kills in order to Progress.
Mods 0.18 can work with Factorio 1.0.

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: ReQ:[MOD Request] [1.0] Alien Kills Required for Technology Advancement Kills

Post by i_i »

The added Parameters are not included. The old REPLACES the Need of Science Pack. you advance without the Research Labs.

I want the EXTRA KILLS AND SciPacks Needed

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Does it need to be this exact mod?
Other mods do this kind of thing, too.

For example:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallAlienLoot

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by i_i »

valneq wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:32 am
Does it need to be this exact mod?
Other mods do this kind of thing, too.

For example:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SchallAlienLoot
The Mod you are referring to is also the one I'm using. and it's Different it doesn't do Kill Count; it Drops Loot for OTHER tech advancement. Not the Current ones, like to Research an inserter. You have to kill this amount Aliens along with the Required SciPacks to Activate it Available for Construction.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

For labs, science packs are consumed simultaneously, so some behavior can't be done without strange workarounds (research up to say 80%, then stuck until X many enemies are killed).

A much, much easier thing to do would be to add a tool (what science packs are) and add it as loot to enemy kills in the data stage or in control. Then you could use whatever logic or explicit prototype changing stuff you want (pretty much the old way it was done: enemy drops -> science packs).

Depending on what you want:
X kills before research is enabled (very easy). Works whether it is value-based any enemy kills, or specific enemies (specific enemies is harder, but can be done).

Labs only progress with kills. A little harder, but still pretty simple: when labs are built (player, robot, script, revived-but-not-the-other-events...), keep a table. Directly insert a science pack ingredient into the (valid) labs which do have the required packs, or make the labs operable/inoperable based on event-known kills or kill statistics.

If you are more descriptive with the desired behavior, I wouldn't mind making the mod.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

i_i
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by i_i »

Honktown wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:13 pm
For labs, science packs are consumed simultaneously, so some behavior can't be done without strange workarounds (research up to say 80%, then stuck until X many enemies are killed).

EXACTLY or just it will not progress until it meets the enemykills quota

A much, much easier thing to do would be to add a tool (what science packs are) and add it as loot to enemy kills in the data stage or in control. Then you could use whatever logic or explicit prototype changing stuff you want (pretty much the old way it was done: enemy drops -> science packs). Alien Alien loot economy i understand and could be an option. but the gathering of loot adds it's own complexity.

Depending on what you want:
X kills before research is enabled (very easy). Works whether it is value-based any enemy kills, or specific enemies (specific enemies is harder, but can be done).

This alternative Could be the solution. but make sure it doesn't hide the tech tree or make it in accessible because the enemy kills hasn't been started.

Labs only progress with kills. A little harder, but still pretty simple: when labs are built (player, robot, script, revived-but-not-the-other-events...), keep a table. Directly insert a science pack ingredient into the (valid) labs which do have the required packs, or make the labs operable/inoperable based on event-known kills or kill statistics.

the mod i mentioned in the beginning already does that; you can try reverse engineering it and incorporate it to your new mod.

If you are more descriptive with the desired behavior, I wouldn't mind making the mod.
i_i wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:30 am
The added Parameters are not included. The old REPLACES the Need of Science Pack. you advance without the Research Labs.

I want the EXTRA KILLS AND SciPacks Needed
KILL COUNT and SCI Packs for tech to progress is the best way i can describe it.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”